Most impressive last minute exam success stories! Watch

ChampEon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1) When I was doing my GCSEs, I started revising for my Maths exam for the first time by using a CD program called MathsWatch two days before the exam, and got an A!

2) During AS year, started D1 (Maths module) two days before exam and got 95% in the exam despite getting a U in the mock exam a month beforehand. Yes, I realise it's an easy module but I'm still impressed by this!

3) In my 1st year at uni, spent less than 14 hours going through several past exam papers for a Maths module I had never touched before (not even read lecture notes) and learned the formulae and somehow managed to get 68% in it!

I guess this implies three things about me: 1) I'm not too shabby a mathematician 2) I'm the laziest motherf****** alive and 3) My ability to cram knowledge has definitely improved over the years!
Abod
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
AS Applied ICT last year. the night before the exam, I would say that I know about 60% of the syllabus. I couldn't study AICT all day because I also had chemistry 3B. Solved chemistry past papers and then started studying AICT. Slept at 3am and woke up at 9:30am, just and hour before the AICT exam. Came out of the examination hall expecting a C or B. Ended up with A in AICT and chemistry (52/60 3B). :
Vian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For IGCSEs I was averaging an F for Maths. I then spent the the weekend before my exam cramming like hell. It was devastating and I was sure I'd fail, but luckily my work paid off and I ended up with an A!

During AS I started revising for my Physics module 2 the night before my exam, and got away with a B. It's not really as impressive considering I was averaging about a C anyway due to laziness.

Every year I promise myself to work my hardest for every exam. Every year I fail my promise for every exam. The struggle continues...
ladymarshmallow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Vian)
For IGCSEs I was averaging an F for Maths. I then spent the the weekend before my exam cramming like hell. It was devastating and I was sure I'd fail, but luckily my work paid off and I ended up with an A!

During AS I started revising for my Physics module 2 the night before my exam, and got away with a B. It's not really as impressive considering I was averaging about a C anyway due to laziness.

Every year I promise myself to work my hardest for every exam. Every year I fail my promise for every exam. The struggle continues...
It's just a vicious, never-ending cycle, isn't it?
el__
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
definitely didn't revise for my GCSE history surgery paper and ended up with 100% somehow...
deathhead
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really last minute but at the end of my AS year I got a B, C and a D in english, history and maths. On A2 results day I opened my letter to see those grades get turned to A A A. On a maths paper I accidentally skipped a question, losing a few marks, I ended up getting the A by 1 UMS, I had literally got 480 UMS. It was amazing, I was over the moon.
Abod
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Biology unit 1 last year; got 89/120 (B). Retook it last session and somehow got 113/120 :rolleyes:
Reading ER helps
eventidexc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Last year when I was doing my Highers I got AABBB in my prelims which I was quite disappointed in (I was aiming for 5As). Results day, and I got AAAAA

This January, I failed my Advanced Higher Statistics prelim (with an impressive score of 38%) but somehow managed to bump it up to a B in my second prelim :L I basically did loads and loads and loads of open book past papers until I knew what the questions were asking me. I'm aiming for a B in May ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Care-Free
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rx_Sarcasm)
I think I've made a promise every year throughout uni to start revising earlier, and in a more organised fashion next time; I've graduated now and I never did keep that commitment :/
Still I'm thinking of going back to uni, so there's plenty more chances to make that pledge!
I've said it too but now that i know i'll have to do and unspecified amount of tequila shots if i dont i have some motivation Each week we have to present our organisation/ revision materials and if we dont think there's enough we get allocated our least favourite shots depending on the seriousness
Kutta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not really a proper exam but for Mocks i always did my one day revision, which always worked. Always got A*A*A* in mocks because all they used to give u were the past exam papers lol
Sarcastic_Sazza
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have so far done at least 10 different pieces of coursework's in literally a single night, the night before no less, and achieved A's in all of them. (:
Sherlockedd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I was in GCSE I left my revision for a week before exams, then had to have a minor op and didn't get to do any revision. Got full marks on 2 of my science papers, lost 2 UMS on one and got a solid A in my maths paper
naomicutler
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At GCSE, I was awful at science and the night before my chemistry exam I'd done no revision at all but still decided I'd watch Nanny McPhee rather than revise - the exam was multiple choice, most of my answers were pure guess and I came out with a C, was pretty impressed.. or maybe just lucky!
Swanbow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Revised on the afternoon of my RE exam, sitting in the sun for around 2 hours, ended up getting an A*, albeit it was a short course.
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
At uni, my Chinese oral at the end of first term in first year. Didn't even memorise my presentation, made up a whole load of bullcrap on the day, didn't even use up all the time. Somehow still managed to get a first! :P
Zakee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I only came to this thread because I've left all my revision for my AS exams to this weekend. *sighs*.
laylarose
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is hardly comparable to the success stories of others, but for a GCSE Chemistry exam, I started revising literally 2 days before. I wasn't at school for a lot of the lessons, so I consequently missed a lot of the material and had to cram it in in those two days. Got an A (albeit a very low one!)
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Swanbow)
Revised on the afternoon of my RE exam, sitting in the sun for around 2 hours, ended up getting an A*, albeit it was a short course.
Yeah I had the RE short course too, I started revising on that same day (this was back in 2010) and got an A, was satisfying xD
Dragonfly07
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was expecting an A* in GCSE maths but I ended up with an A after accidentally showed up to the exam an hour late (it was a miracle they let me in) because of a mistake I made in copying the exam timetable. In half the time I was supposed to have, I finished the exam and got an A . Still proud of that.

In year 1 at uni I left everything very late because it was the year that didn't count towards the rest of the uni year. I managed to get over 80% in some modules, even though in others I got around 50%.
ComeWhatMay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
D and E in 2 AS Biology module mocks, A and B (B overall) in the actual thing Revision poster-making for the win!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads