The Student Room Group

AQA The Making of Modern Britain, 1951-2007 HIS3M

Hey, is anyone doing this exam and has some revision notes/essay plans/ essay examples.

Would be a big help :smile:
Also what questions do you think will come up?

hate this exam :frown:

xxxxxx
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Really need to do well in this exam! What has your teacher said might come up?
Reply 2
New labour question , possibly something on the very early stuff like conservative dominance from 1951/ post-war consensus. Maybe social for synoptic?
Me too! Need to get an A on it for an overall A :frown: not going to happen
Reply 3
Oh good luck! I really do hope conservative dominance in the 1951 comes up and I'll kiss the paper if Thatcher comes up, not too sure about New Labour still need to go over it.
Reply 4
Same to you! :smile: yeah I think that is a decent and straight forward question. Not too sure about thatcher because it was on June 2012 paper and it always alternates between her and new labour. Unless they double bluff us!
Reply 5
Are you sure? I remember Thatcher coming up in June 2011, but in the June 2012 paper it was something about conservative decline from 1997-2007
Reply 6
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-HIS3M-QP-JUN12.PDF

this is June 2012 paper, it is conservative decline question but it asks about Thatcher legacy specifically so I'm not too sure :/
Reply 7
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-HIS3M-QP-JUN12.PDF

this is the June 2012 paper, it does have conservative decline but it specifically mentions Thatcher's legacy
Reply 8
My teacher thinks definitely post war consensus. Any ideas what else? There has not been much on the 50s or 70s
Reply 9
Hows all your revision going?
Reply 10
I don't think New Labour as wasn't it the year before last and it would been a big part of the Thatcher legacy question last year
That's what I'm thinking, but still no harm in going over it. But what kind of post war-consensus question do you think will come up? Something to do with Cons power from 51-64?
Reply 12
Hmm I'm not sure actually and my teacher said a post-war consensus synoptic question over the whole period. How many historian quotes are we meant to be using?
Reply 13
Original post by kmackenzz
Hmm I'm not sure actually and my teacher said a post-war consensus synoptic question over the whole period. How many historian quotes are we meant to be using?

My teacher gave me A*/A essay examples and some of those didn't even have historian quotes in! But the majority only had a few well placed ones :smile:
Original post by kmackenzz

Synoptic question about consensus?!?!?!?!?! I pray to God that does not happen, my plan is to not attempt the synoptic question
Reply 15
Original post by Lalison94
My teacher gave me A*/A essay examples and some of those didn't even have historian quotes in! But the majority only had a few well placed ones :smile:

Could you please share some of these sample essays?
Reply 16
Original post by vanessap
Could you please share some of these sample essays?

I've only got photocopied paper essays and I did find them hard to read so I don't know if they will be even harder if I put them on here. I will try to take decent pictures later on and put the better quality ones up :smile: is that okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630573.492620.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630586.514942.jpg

Here is 1 so far (sorry about the highlighting) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630827.510812.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630840.527372.jpg

This one isn't as good to read sorry

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630880.825429.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630889.855350.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630899.716521.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630911.619290.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Lalison94
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630573.492620.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368630586.514942.jpg

Here is 1 so far (sorry about the highlighting) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much.
Do you do Edexcel psychology ?

Quick Reply

Latest