The Student Room Group

Do I need my national insurance number to do a cv?

Hiya, I leave school in 3 weeks and I haven't yet recieved my national insurance number does this mean I can't make / hand cvs in ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
You can hand out cv's without a national insurance number but to be honest it's pointless as you can't be employed without the number. It should have arrived 3 months before your birthday, if it hasnt come yet that you should contant HM Revenue
If you should have a National Insurance number by now and you don't, definitely contact HMRC to get it sent asap. Meanwhile, there's no harm in drafting your CV and even applying for some jobs - who knows, by the time you actually get called in for an interview you might have your National Insurance number.

For the record, you can start work without your National Insurance number as long as you can prove your right to work in the UK/that HMRC are currently working on sending you your National Insurance number. Whether employers are willing to deal with the hassle is another thing..
Original post by Xxkays
Hiya, I leave school in 3 weeks and I haven't yet recieved my national insurance number does this mean I can't make / hand cvs in ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You dont need it on your CV at all. You can still hand out CVs' etc. But in the meantime, id contact HMRC to find out what yours is and if you should have received it by now.
Reply 4
Thanks ! My birthdays in August and i left school Friday just gone its been a couple of days and I'm already struggling for money nowhere will employ me cos of my national insurance number how much longer will I have to wait :frown: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending