The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am. I haven't given any thought as to what I hope will come up but I feel incredibly unprepared for the exam, I just hope the sources are nice. One of my teacher's is thick and the other is retiring at the end of the year so has basically given up.
Reply 2
anyone taking the tudor module?
Reply 3
Yeah I'm doing this exam too, we haven't done any 40 mark questions yet :/
Reply 4
Original post by Sannn
Yeah I'm doing this exam too, we haven't done any 40 mark questions yet :/

oh i see, we've done 2 40 mark questions , i guess the most important part is to be able to pick out quotes necessary. good luck though!
Reply 5
Original post by Francis W
I am. I haven't given any thought as to what I hope will come up but I feel incredibly unprepared for the exam, I just hope the sources are nice. One of my teacher's is thick and the other is retiring at the end of the year so has basically given up.

oh that's not good then, but don't give up! and i agree with the source question as it is the one that i fear the most :/
Reply 6
Doing Option B: politics protest & revolution in France 1786-1830 we've practiced a few 30 40 markers
Hi :smile: I am also doing the Cold War paper (unit 3, option E). I'm so worried what will come up for question A. I need to get at least a B for this paper (aiming for an A)
Reply 8
For part A, US-Sino-Soviet relations have come up every single year. Dont know what to make of that really. Im hoping for an arms race question, I think its the easiest topic!
Reply 9
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Hi :smile: I am also doing the Cold War paper (unit 3, option E). I'm so worried what will come up for question A. I need to get at least a B for this paper (aiming for an A)

Hi :smile: i also need to get a mid B to get an A overall so am very worries, i hope Sino-Soviet relations will come up!
Reply 10
Original post by Klos
For part A, US-Sino-Soviet relations have come up every single year. Dont know what to make of that really. Im hoping for an arms race question, I think its the easiest topic!

detente and post-stalin thaw came up last year if i am not wrong. i find sino-soviet relations the easiest!
Original post by Tubis
Hi :smile: i also need to get a mid B to get an A overall so am very worries, i hope Sino-Soviet relations will come up!

So do I, I find it quite easy to revise for that topic. My teacher thinks something to do with the Arms Race or Détente will come up this year though :s-smilie:
Reply 12
im taking this exam, i really dont know what to expect, tbh im thinking a question about the arms race or Sino-Soviet relations may come up :s-smilie: the sources questions is purely down to luck, i just need to practice structuring the essay :smile:
Reply 13
Anyone doing the OCR spec? :frown:
Original post by abbeyizzie
anyone taking the tudor module?

I am, I feel incredibly under-prepared for it :frown:
Is anyone doing HIS3K - Triumph and Collapse: Russia and the USSR 1941-1991 ?
Reply 16
Original post by Reindeer o't Roc
I am, I feel incredibly under-prepared for it :frown:

are yyou doing rebellion for section b, if so what rebellion do you think will come up?
Original post by Tubis
Hello all :smile:

Is anyone taking the A2 History Unit 3, Option E, War and Peace: 20th Century International Relations exam on the 3rd of June 2013? (Cold War)

If so, has anyone got any predictions as to which questions will come up for part A?

hey how are you feeling about this exam? I'm doing this paper too! well I am hoping to do the start of the cold war (part B) as it is easier to write! and part, well I have a feeling sino soviet relations will come up! I'm feeling okay with this exam :smile: just really need to polish up :smile:
Sino-soviet relations would be such a lovely topic to come up! well, I think all part A is quite nice :smile: just quite a lot to remember I think - Oh, I don't like the end of the cold war (part B) Reagan, Gorbachev etc :frown:! we finished quite late!!

and the questions are quite synoptic, but also I think the thaw may come up and most importantly about the role of eisenhower and dulles maybe?
I'm doing option C :- United States 1917-54 - Boom, Bust and Recovery

Anyone else? I'm so worried about history, past papers have seemed so difficult in certain years!!

Latest