The Student Room Group

Kinda confused with UCAS dates-Do I have to reply to offers?

Hey guys I was just wondering as I'm confused with all the ucas deadlines :

(http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates)

Can't really figure out what I have to do. I sent my application at the 14th of February, do I have to reply to any offers already? One of my choices still hasn't accepted/rejected me yet. Do I have to reply to the others by a specific date no matter what or I have to wait till even the last one replies ?
You have to wait til the last one replies. You can cancel that choice if you no longer want to go there and make your replies now if you wish, though.
When you get all your offers it will tell you the date you have to reply by. Since you applied after the January deadline the key dates on the link you provided would be:

18 July 2013 - If you applied by 30 June and are waiting for decisions, universities and colleges need to send us their decisions by this date. If they don't, we will make any outstanding choices unsuccessful on their behalf.

And then:

25 July 2013 - If we receive all decisions from your universities/colleges by 18 July, you need to reply to any offers by this date (this includes if you are applying through Extra). If we don't receive your replies, we will decline your offers on your behalf.

If you don't want to go to the university that hasn't replied to you and you're happy accepting another offer then I'd recommend that you cancel that choice on Track and then you'll be able to reply to the offers you have. Doing that sooner rather than later will allow you to apply for accommodation in good time. Of course, if you want to go to the university that hasn't replied then hold out for their reply.
Reply 3
Thank you guys! Yes unfortunately the uni that hasn't replied is the one I'm mainly interested in, therefore I have to wait. Do you think it's good that they still haven't replied? This probably implies that they do really consider me indeed. oh God Fingers Crossed! When is the deadline for them to reply to me? (provided I applied at the 14 of February).
Original post by sk327
Thank you guys! Yes unfortunately the uni that hasn't replied is the one I'm mainly interested in, therefore I have to wait. Do you think it's good that they still haven't replied? This probably implies that they do really consider me indeed. oh God Fingers Crossed! When is the deadline for them to reply to me? (provided I applied at the 14 of February).

Since yours was a late application it will be considered after all of those that applied before the January deadline. Having said that, they will probably have replied to most, if not all, of those by now. They should reply by 18 July, so there's still a fair bit of time between now and then.

You could contact the university if you like to get a rough idea of when a reply is likely. I've known a couple of people that hadn't had replies from universities and contacted them and it turned out they had decided to accept them a couple of weeks beforehand but for whatever reason the message hadn't been relayed to UCAS, so Track couldn't be updated. It doesn't mean that's the case in you situation but these things do happen, so it could be worth contacting them.
Reply 5
That's actually a very good idea! Thanks, I'll send an email :smile:
Reply 6
Guys, I still got no reply from a uni. I rang them this morning and they asked me to wait longer. Is there a deadline the have to reply by, provided that I applied at the 14th of February? God's sake, I cannot wait anymore :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by sk327
Guys, I still got no reply from a uni. I rang them this morning and they asked me to wait longer. Is there a deadline the have to reply by, provided that I applied at the 14th of February? God's sake, I cannot wait anymore :frown:

The deadlines that you are asking about were given in post 3
Original post by sk327

Universities recieve hundreds of emails a day like this and there's normally only a handful of people dealing with the inbox so its likely to take more than a few days for them to reply. Double check that you've answered all of the requests that they've sent you (eg transcript requests) to ensure that there's nothing holding things up at your end and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
Reply 9
Original post by oxymoronic
Universities recieve hundreds of emails a day like this and there's normally only a handful of people dealing with the inbox so its likely to take more than a few days for them to reply. Double check that you've answered all of the requests that they've sent you (eg transcript requests) to ensure that there's nothing holding things up at your end and they will get back to you as soon as they can.

Thank you for your answer, but I didn't send an email, instead I called them. What transcripts are you talking about? What I was saying is that they haven't accepted/rejected my UCAS application yet.
Original post by sk327
Thank you for your answer, but I didn't send an email, instead I called them. What transcripts are you talking about? What I was saying is that they haven't accepted/rejected my UCAS application yet.

They have until 18th July
Reply 11
Yes unfortunately :frown:
hey i had my interview on the 16th of july, and i got unsuccessful cause the college didnt get back to them, is there a chance i could still get it :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending