Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I saw that thing on the news today, that people in the south east are almost twice as likely to get live saving cancer treatment than people in the north west. I find this not only disturbing, but it makes me angry, that me or my family are 100% more likely to die because of misallocation of resources just because of where I live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Not surprising. The south east rules the roost in almost everything where government funding is concerned.
    isn't that because it is the most densely populated?

ReputationRep:
    Not surprising. The south east rules the roost in almost everything where government funding is concerned.
    I know, why is it so hard to sort this though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    isn't that because it is the most densely populated?
    But still holds, even per capita.

ReputationRep:
    Because of the larger population as riffraff says. It is totally unfair when other areas are neglected. All areas should get equal funding per capita.
    Seriously. It angers me that I see next to nothing being done to solve this.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.