Language assistant in France through British Council: anyone else doing this? Watch

snawkie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have just been told which Académie I'll be working in and wondered if anyone was doing a teaching assistantship next academic year. I'd love to talk to other people in the same boat!
mellow_yellow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by snawkie)
I have just been told which Académie I'll be working in and wondered if anyone was doing a teaching assistantship next academic year. I'd love to talk to other people in the same boat!
Hi, I will be in France next year too, but have not heard back from the British Council yet. What area will you be working in?
snawkie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by mellow_yellow)
Hi, I will be in France next year too, but have not heard back from the British Council yet. What area will you be working in?
I'll be in Versailles. What were your choices?
mellow_yellow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's great! I've heard back now, I will be in Dijon. Hope you have a great time there!
deuxchatsnoirs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been put in Amiens
spanishguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bordeaux
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lille
miss_loocy
Report 6 years ago
Lyon!
Bonfire
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also Lyon! Having trouble finding forums but glad this one is here.
spanishguy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
British Council have dedicated LAs in France forum on facebook. Not been on yet though.
Justeen910
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have just done my year as an assistant in the académie of Rennes, so feel free to ask me anything (even if you're not in Rennes) - I wish you all the best in your preparation and for the next year!
sunfowers01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ask away and I'll see if I can help.
La Esmerelda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Rome
tinkles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sounds amazing! Do you need a degree to do this?
spanishguy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No but must have completed 2 years higher education by the time you start. Most people do it on their compulsory year abroad as part of their language degree.

See this http://www.britishcouncil.org/langua...stants-ela.htm for more info
Nesh-x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,
I was planning on applying for a British council Language assistant position in France this year (so that I'd start in oct 2014) I was wandering if you had any advice or any info about the application itself.

Thanks
Peanutbutter1901
Report 5 years ago
Hi Justeen, I've been placed in the Académie of Rennes for 2014/2015. I was hoping I'd be in Rennes itself, but I've just found out that my lycée is in Landerneau, near to Brest. I'm quite worried because it seems quite isolated and not really the big lively city I was hoping for - any advice about your time there or the Brittany region in general?
Katy xxxx
ckg1086
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Justeen910)
I have just done my year as an assistant in the académie of Rennes, so feel free to ask me anything (even if you're not in Rennes) - I wish you all the best in your preparation and for the next year!
Hiya,

I am going on my year abroad to work as an LA in Lamballe Cedex, if that means anything to you, i would love to have a chat about your year, where you lived, what you did?

Thanks
smiah482
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, just to give a bit of background, I just found out that I have the opportunity to be a language assistant in Versailles and I've been trying to search for anyone who has completed this placement (I literally searched language assistant Versailles in student room to calm down a little and research as much as I can.)

If you don't mind me asking, how was your overall experience working and living at Versailles? I'm trying to decide between the British Council and studying in Lyon. Sorry, I know this is an old post but any help will be great
Bookgal
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mellow_yellow)
That's great! I've heard back now, I will be in Dijon. Hope you have a great time there!
Hey I know this post was now years ago but I will be in Dijon this year! Would be great to hear advice from someone who was there once x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (136)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.74%
Not great so far... (274)
35.91%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.53%

Watched Threads