Anyone still waiting for St Andrews?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Its now mid March and I'm still waiting for an offer from St Andrews (International Relations and French WIYA). Is anyone else waiting for offers here? Is it worth emailing admissions to find out? Whats the address?

I also have an interview at Cardiff for a place on the Cardiff-Bordeaux French Politics degree which I'm really excited about. Got rejected from Edinburgh, but four other offers! Can't handle the suspense of waiting for Cardiff and St Andrews.

Cheers
Carl
Tigs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
got my offer from st. andrews 4 international relations about a week ago, so they do seem to be taking ages. one of my other friends is still waiting. Really over-subscribed this year BUT it might be worth calling because St. Andy's int/rel dept. has a bit of a rep for "loosing" applications. happened to this guy i knew last yr.
Carl
Rep:
?
What was your offer?

Carl
Tigs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol- get this: AAA. Predicted 3 A's but my offer from LSE is ABB. Wanted St.A's as my insurance... :-(
Minta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm still waiting for a reply about medieval History, and I phoned the admissions office today, who said that UCAS have told St Andrews to get all their replies out by the end of March. So I'd say don't panick yet, but if it goes beyond March, then chase up your application.
Carl
Rep:
?
Hehehe my current first choice is Cardiff French/Politics, who want BBC. However all that could change, depends on this interview at Cardiff and my St-And offer. We'll just wait and see.....
Tigs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Gd luck mate- in some ways I'd actually rather go to St.A's but because it's so isolated I wouldnt be able to keep with auditions for theatre in london. Guess there will always be something you're not happy abt.
yuma
Report 16 years ago
Hi Carl!
I'm Linda, I applied 4 International Rel. /Arabic and Int. Rel. /Middle East Stud., Until a couple of days ago I was down coz I did not get any reply, but 2 days ago I got unc. offers, so glad right now. I'm pleased to hear that you too applied 4 Int. Rel. Now I am seriously considering to go 4 it. Do u know if St And has a good rep for Int. Rel. !!!
Gd Luck and cheer up I 'm sure you'll get some reply!!!

Linda.
Carl
Rep:
?
The department is internationally reknowned, with a centre for Terrorism Studies (!) as their focus for research. I went to their open day last summer and the day after the lecturer who spoke to us was on BBC breakfast news discussing the Israel problem after a suicide bombing.
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol anyone going n not doing a joint honours degree...economics perhaps?!
Nissa
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by carldaman)
Hehehe my current first choice is Cardiff French/Politics, who want BBC. However all that could change, depends on this interview at Cardiff and my St-And offer. We'll just wait and see.....

How is the curse structured is it 2 years in each and are you going to Sciences po Bordeaux or just the uni?
Carl
Rep:
?
The Cardiff Course? Years One and Three in Cardiff, Two and Four at Sciences-Po Bordeaux. Ooooh interview on Friday, I'm a bit nervous. Still not sure what to wear.

Carl
Carl
Rep:
?
I have my offer! 3 A's! Its a bit much, but it'll take me some time to decide what to do next. Leaving for Cardiff now for my interview. Wish me luck!

Carl
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (293)
34.15%
No (565)
65.85%

Watched Threads