Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Be honest, what age do you think a person should lose their virginity? I know all of the tlk about 'when you're ready' but what age do people actually think? for example, i think a 40 yr old virgin is quite sad, unless it's because of religeous beliefs and whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    I do agree with 'when you're ready thing', whether that be 12 or 32.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I do agree with 'when you're ready thing', whether that be 12 or 32.
    or 52

ReputationRep:
    ermmm probably between 16 to 23 somethin like that i mean im 18 and still a virgin and im coll wiv that

ReputationRep:
    After 16 and before 30. Having said that if its when you're married thing, then whenever you get married. And I advise being sober at the time as well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that is a matter of being ready; it is when you are responsible enough to make the right decision and handle the consequences, this can be whenever, but it usually comes in the early 20's.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everybody so obsessed with virginity??? It´s not that important! I really think it´s overrated, the first time isn´t as good as everybody expects (even though I assume everybody had heard that at least once anyway), so what about it?

ReputationRep:
    virginity? one of my frinds is already engaged and she's 16.

her fiancee is 28

ReputationRep:
    Whenever you meet the right person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Whenever you meet the right person.
    or when you think you do....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    Just as good.

ReputationRep:
    i agree when you are ready and not when your friends tell you that you are ready...back at uni on hall a girl would be given a strange look if she publicly admits that she is a virgin-seen like a flaw

for a guy if he wants to keep his 'friends' or remain popular he better keep his mouth shut!!

ReputationRep:
    That's usually the way it is. First time sucks anyway even if it is with the right one.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter does it, just go for it whenever you're ready.

ReputationRep:
    no regrets...they don't work, no regrets, they only hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Yes as I said - afterwards you realise what a palaver over nothing it was.
    Indeed, especially if your partner is a virgin too. From a male point of view anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't mean because of the crapness of the sex itself, I mean that the first time isn't actually special in any way or a particularly defining moment, no more so than any of the other 200,000 times you'll hopefully have it in your life.
    it was for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Indeed, especially if your partner is a virgin too. From a male point of view anyway.
    From the female view also if the guy is a virgin. It's over in less than 10 seconds if not sooner. Talk about a dissapointment. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it was for me
    Then you are unique.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't mean because of the crapness of the sex itself, I mean that the first time isn't actually special in any way or a particularly defining moment, no more so than any of the other 200,000 times you'll hopefully have it in your life.
    Oh I see, I agree with that too.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.