phillips 1878
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hull is my insurance choice for September and i am yet to visit the city. Can anyone give an insight into what Hull is like in terms of nights out? Student nights? Places to go etc? I am from Birmingham however I am not expecting hull to be anything like this.
Guru Jason
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pretty good I suppose. You have Asylum, the uni nightclub. Then there are many others such as Sugar, Welly, Pozition and i'm sure there is another I'm forgetting. There are also numerous pubs in which I like to watch football such as Hayworth arms. I'd say there is pretty much something for everyone.
mazrp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mondays- Sugarmill, which has 3 floors of mainly club music. This bar also does the infamous t-shirt bar crawls which are pretty fun, and start at revs and go through all the town nightlife including The Tunnel and some other bars. I think Toyko is also open on a Monday
Tuesdays is fusion shotgun night which is pretty rubbish if you ask me but drinks are cheap.
Wednesday is Tower at Asylum, The SU. Snakebite for 1.75, and most nights are dress-up themed.
Thursday - Welly! Arguably the best night out in Hull, and is incredibly popular with students. Pozition is also on a Thursday too if Welly is too busy/ cba to queue.
Friday is Sugar again
Saturday is Brassick at the SU, and Spiders nightclub for the alternative scene. (drinks are like 2 quid for a double), but the place is not to everyone's taste.
Sunday is the pub quiz at Santuary, the bar on campus
Sam Spain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I need to bookmark this thread. That list sounds incredibly useful.
username851717
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cheeky piper not to be missed for the easy walk home
carl_senior
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Monday - Sugarmill or Piper
Tuesday - Fusion
Wednesday - Tower
Thursday - Welly or poz
Friday - Sugarmill
Saturday - Welly again or Brassick.
Trent23
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The place is a **** hole, but if you're into prostitutes or cheap drugs you will have a great time.
Carl1994
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Monday - Sugarmill or Piper
Tuesday - Bar 66 then Fusion
Wednesday - Tower(Asylum)
Thursday - Welly
Friday - Fusion
Saturday - Brassick(Asylum)
Sunday - Bar66(The only real sports bar in hull) then Fusion
Carl1994
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Trent23)
The place is a **** hole, but if you're into prostitutes or cheap drugs you will have a great time.
Tbh who isn't into prostitutes and cheap drugs. At least you know your gonna have a great night.
Liam67
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have the option of going to Hull for my year in industry (i'm a nottingham student) and I was wondering if there are many electronic music nights? I mean techno, house, garage that sort of thing.
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Liam67)
I have the option of going to Hull for my year in industry (i'm a nottingham student) and I was wondering if there are many electronic music nights? I mean techno, house, garage that sort of thing.
yes there is, welly usually plays indie music, but sugarmill and pozition have a bunch of floors all with different music

also everyone is saying fusion but you guys are aware that fusion is a gay bar right?
username851717
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by smd4std)
yes there is, welly usually plays indie music, but sugarmill and pozition have a bunch of floors all with different music

also everyone is saying fusion but you guys are aware that fusion is a gay bar right?
Poz' doesn't really play House or Garage or Techno. I can never remember with Sugarmill though...

Fusion (which is now called Brooklyn Bar apparently) is not the gay bar you are thinking of... that sir is fuel in the city centre. Jolly good fun as well.
smd4std
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
Poz' doesn't really play House or Garage or Techno. I can never remember with Sugarmill though...

Fusion (which is now called Brooklyn Bar apparently) is not the gay bar you are thinking of... that sir is fuel in the city centre. Jolly good fun as well.
haha sorry got the two mixed up
Girling1996
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How far is the uni from the city centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guru Jason
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Girling1996)
How far is the uni from the city centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Half hour walk (maybe 5 more). About a 10/15 min bus ride.
Girling1996
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
is hull a good university?
JHamps93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Girling1996)
is hull a good university?
Yeah, very underrated.

I recently secured a placement for my year in industry, beating 3000 people to secure one of the five places (most people on my assessment day were at Russell Group Uni's), however I was offered all five places.

That's the Business School though. I have no idea what the rest of the faculties are like, as I'm not too phased about them!

On the nightlife front, there's usually somewhere busy any night of the week.

Monday - Sugar or Piper
Tuesday - Brooklyn
Wednesday - Tower at Asylum (then Fuel if you're into that, so I've been told)
Thursday - Welly (Or Pozition if that isn't your scene)
Friday - Sugar, Welly or Piper
Saturday - Brassick at Asylum (Although I prefer going round Old Town then into VIP at one of the city centre clubs)
Sunday - Pub Quiz at Sanc (who goes out on a sunday anyway?)

If you want to know anything else, drop me a line. Hull was my insurance, but I wouldn't have it any different, in hindsight now.
Girling1996
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JHamps93)
Yeah, very underrated.

I recently secured a placement for my year in industry, beating 3000 people to secure one of the five places (most people on my assessment day were at Russell Group Uni's), however I was offered all five places.

That's the Business School though. I have no idea what the rest of the faculties are like, as I'm not too phased about them!

On the nightlife front, there's usually somewhere busy any night of the week.

Monday - Sugar or Piper
Tuesday - Brooklyn
Wednesday - Tower at Asylum (then Fuel if you're into that, so I've been told)
Thursday - Welly (Or Pozition if that isn't your scene)
Friday - Sugar, Welly or Piper
Saturday - Brassick at Asylum (Although I prefer going round Old Town then into VIP at one of the city centre clubs)
Sunday - Pub Quiz at Sanc (who goes out on a sunday anyway?)

If you want to know anything else, drop me a line. Hull was my insurance, but I wouldn't have it any different, in hindsight now.
What accommodation did you have for the first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
adsthedevil
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Student Accommodation in Hull. If you had the option to do it differently, where would you choose for your student accommodation, in Hull, and why?
Jakey850
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bump.

(Is this how you make dead chats relevant again?)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads