Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    I LOVE the frog chorus. That is such a nifty song! I believe Norah Jones to be the most overrated singer at the moment. She isn't particularly talented and her songs are just very very boring.
    Everyone goes on about how she (Norah) has such a beautiful voice.
    Can't see it myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    Everyone goes on about how she (Norah) has such a beautiful voice.
    Can't see it myself.
    It's good to see that someone agrees with me! All my friends rave about how she is the next Eva Cassidy etc. No way would she ever fit the bill, never! Eva Cassidy is in a league of her own!

ReputationRep:
    the cheeky song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superomega1)
    the cheeky song
    Its not overated though, I think pretty much everybody but 12 year olds hates it.

I think John Lennon's Imagine has to be most overated song over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    the remake of "somebody to love". all the person did was to remix the original, didn't even bother to sing it. btw- who did that? i want to hunt them down
    boogie pimps

ReputationRep:
    F*** it, F.U.R.B.... actually, 90% of the radio 1 playlist.

ReputationRep:
    Stevie Wonder's 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'. He made so many other brilliant songs, and that one was the biggest hit in the UK. God knows why... it was mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thom18)
    Stevie Wonder's 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'. He made so many other brilliant songs, and that one was the biggest hit in the UK. God knows why... it was mediocre.
    I hate it when good bands' best known songs aren't there best ones. Prime examples are New Order (Blue Monday being the most well known, whereas I'd say Temptation/Regret/True Faith are their best) and Blur (Song 2, but I think Coffee and TV, End of a Century or The Universal are better)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    I hate it when good bands' best known songs aren't there best ones. Prime examples are New Order (Blue Monday being the most well known, whereas I'd say Temptation/Regret/True Faith are their best) and Blur (Song 2, but I think Coffee and TV, End of a Century or The Universal are better)
    Oh and the Manics - everybody knows If You Tolerate This... but the older stuff is much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Oh and the Manics - everybody knows If You Tolerate This... but the older stuff is much better.
    Agreed. And I also agree that Imagine is really not all that good.
    I'd say maybe Hotel California (Eagles).

ReputationRep:
    Anything by those gallagher ******s in oasis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    What's the most overrated song EVER? My personal vote goes to Bridge Over Troubled Water. Just... dross.
    imagine by john lennon- yuck

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe no one's mentioned Bohemian Rhapsody yet! True, it's a good song, but it comes at the top of every music poll! That is undeserved.

I love the Beatles and certainly wouldn't say they're over-rated, but Sgt Pepper is also guilty of coming at the top of every album poll, or at least 90% of them. It worries me that people vote for it automatically because they can't be bothered to put more thought into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    I love the Beatles and certainly wouldn't say they're over-rated, but Sgt Pepper is also guilty of coming at the top of every album poll, or at least 90% of them. It worries me that people vote for it automatically because they can't be bothered to put more thought into it.
    It's an incredible album. I'd vote for it with thought.

ReputationRep:
    REM everybody hurts-grrrr

ReputationRep:
    Nickelback - How You Remind Me (or something like that). That song was played on the radio waaaay too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    Nickelback - How You Remind Me (or something like that). That song was played on the radio waaaay too much!
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh! I can't believe there are other people who don't like Imagine *breaks down in happy tears, knowing that she is not alone anymore*

ReputationRep:
    Queen - Bohemian Rapsody

not a bad song, just no way near as good as people make out

Nirvana - smells like teen spirit

great song, but by no means their best, yet it is the only 1 mentioned, and the only 1 most people know

ReputationRep:
    Smells Like Teen Spirit is overrated, just like Nirvana.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.