The Student Room Group

Special Consideration A2 bereavement

Anyone know if I could get special consideration for this:
My grandmother died suddenly in March and my grandad has been seriously ill for a long time and he's starting to give up, we don't think he's got more than a few weeks left as he's been worsened by the death of his wife. My exams start in 3 weeks and I need to do well in them as my offer for Oxford is at stake...I don't really open up to my family about it alll as I'm the type of girl who'll act strong then break down every so often when I'm alone so I don't upset or worry them. I really want to meet my offer as chances are both of my grandparents will have passed away thinking I'm going there but I know how badly my nan's death got me and it'll be worse this time. I wouldn't usually consider special considerations but I'm really worried about my exams anyway without being an emotional wreck.

Sorry for all of the morbid stuff here, and I'm guessing some might think I'm being selfish considering my exams above my family, but I've spent my whole life working hard to make my grandparents proud and I'd feel like I've let them down if I mess it up because of grief (even though I know they're proud whatever)
Thanks
Reply 1
Im sorry to hear about your situation. It's not selfish at all given the circumstances. You haven't been at your best and that will have has an effect on your ability. You can get special consideration for that sort of thing so just go talk to your tutor or exams office and they'll be able to help you with the application process.

Good luck and best wishes x
Sorry to hear about your gran. I can't say much but I'm sure both your grandparents will have wanted you to do your best so do it for them. Also, keep visiting your granda and help him out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest