The Student Room Group

UCAS Points Trouble (BTEC)

Hello all, new to TSR so not really sure how to navigate around here, so sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already!

I have to start applying to Universities towards the end of this year, and I'm getting quite worried about my predicted grades and the UCAS points I will get from them.

I'm reaching toward the end of my first year of BTEC National Diploma in Interactive Media and Software. I should be on my second year by now, but I was held back a year due to family problems and my college was nice enough to let me back on the course. So that's why I'm not doing Extended National Diploma and only the National Diploma now.

But alas, I had more family issues this year so my attendance has suffered and as a result I'm only predicted to get DD or DM which is 200-240 UCAS Points.

I've been looking around ready to apply and have set up a range of open events around the North West this summer to learn more about university and such. But from what I've seen I need at least 280 UCAS Points to get on to the courses I want to.

I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to bump this up to 280? I've heard being fluent in other languages can help. I've also heard about something called "Course Clearings". If anyone could elaborate on this or has personal experience with being below 280 and managing to get in to university that would be excellent! As I really am starting to worry now that I won't be able to go to University and I really have to start thinking about it soon.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron
Reply 1
Original post by Aaron_Kay
Hello all, new to TSR so not really sure how to navigate around here, so sorry if this has been asked a hundred times already!

I have to start applying to Universities towards the end of this year, and I'm getting quite worried about my predicted grades and the UCAS points I will get from them.

I'm reaching toward the end of my first year of BTEC National Diploma in Interactive Media and Software. I should be on my second year by now, but I was held back a year due to family problems and my college was nice enough to let me back on the course. So that's why I'm not doing Extended National Diploma and only the National Diploma now.

But alas, I had more family issues this year so my attendance has suffered and as a result I'm only predicted to get DD or DM which is 200-240 UCAS Points.

I've been looking around ready to apply and have set up a range of open events around the North West this summer to learn more about university and such. But from what I've seen I need at least 280 UCAS Points to get on to the courses I want to.

I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to bump this up to 280? I've heard being fluent in other languages can help. I've also heard about something called "Course Clearings". If anyone could elaborate on this or has personal experience with being below 280 and managing to get in to university that would be excellent! As I really am starting to worry now that I won't be able to go to University and I really have to start thinking about it soon.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Could you do an AS next year
Does your college do General Studies
Do they do the EPQ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending