This discussion is closed.
Nafisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have an economics conference on ethical issues shadowing economics any ideas what its about?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
I have an economics conference on ethical issues shadowing economics any ideas what its about?
where is it held?
foowise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Globalisation? That's a pretty ethical and contentious issue, related to economics. Or perhaps social issues, like minimum wage etc. Those are just a few ideas, I've never been on an ethics/economics conference before.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
where is it held?
ismaili centre london y u coming?
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Free market economy, no welfare state. "Is it ok to let the poor die because they can't pay for their own health treatments?" I guess it could cover the free market and the inability of those not able to exploit it and therefore have to suffer the consequences.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Free market economy, no welfare state. "Is it ok to let the poor die because they can't pay for their own health treatments?" I guess it could cover the free market and the inability of those not able to exploit it and therefore have to suffer the consequences.
oh how about the view that not increasing tax on cigarretes will mean that people will die eariler (due to smoking) hence cost NHS less money
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
oh how about the view that not increasing tax on cigarretes will mean that people will die eariler (due to smoking) hence cost NHS less money
Yes, that's a possibility. The topics to discuss are vast.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (0)
0%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (3)
12%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (5)
20%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (2)
8%
No, nothing has changed (7)
28%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (8)
32%

Watched Threads