Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the R.S exam will be like on MOnday
    I have mainly been revising
    A) Religion and human relationships and
    B) Religion and medical ethics

ReputationRep:
    I'm revising for that right now. (and distracting myself by going on here, haha)
    I am sort of dreading it Dx, I somehow did well in the first unit of Ethics (media, and crime. I forgot the official names) so I am put under pressure by the teachers to do well again.

Hopefully it'll be nice questions where we can talk a lot, maybe Euthanasia/contraception/abortion, as those are easy to argue in my opinion and have a lot to say.
    Good luck for the Ethics exam!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what questions came up in the last ethics exam? because they're unlikely to repeat it the next year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to assume you're doing Christianity, if not then just change the religion and maybe some other details.
    This is from January 2013:

a) Give one example of a contraception that may be acceptable to Christians
    b) Give two examples for why a couple may seek a divorce
    c) Describe what some Christians believe about sex before marriage
    d) Explain Christian attitudes towards re-marriage
    e) "Marriage is outdated" Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.

a) Give the word which means ‘making an exact copy of a living creature’.
    b) State two views which Christians might hold about the use of animals in medical research.
    c) Describe one attitude which Christians might have towards euthanasia
    d) Explain why Christians have different attitudes towards suicide.
    e) ‘It is always wrong to take a human life.’ Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.

And thought you might want the ones from June 2012 as well so here they are:

a) What is meant by the term ‘marriage’?
    b) State two reasons which a Christian couple might give for not having sex before marriage.
    c) Describe how some Christians might respond to a person getting married after divorce.
    d) Explain Christian attitudes towards contraception.
    e) ‘Divorce is sometimes necessary.’Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.

a) What is meant by the term 'suicide'?
    b) State two reasons why Christians may be against suicide
    c) Describe one reason why a Christian may oppose abortion
    d) Explain why Christians have different opinions towards Euthanasia
    e) "The use of animals in medical research is always wrong" Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.

These are for the religion and human relationships and religion and medical ethics exams for Ethics.
    Hope these are of use

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i know that this thread is for ethics, but perspectives on world religion is also on monday. does anyone have any past questions for christianity on this? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okkefac)
    I'm going to assume you're doing Christianity, if not then just change the religion and maybe some other details.
    This is from January 2013:

a) Give one example of a contraception that may be acceptable to Christians
    b) Give two examples for why a couple may seek a divorce
    c) Describe what some Christians believe about sex before marriage
    d) Explain Christian attitudes towards re-marriage
    e) "Marriage is outdated" Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.

a) Give the word which means ‘making an exact copy of a living creature’.
    b) State two views which Christians might hold about the use of animals in medical research.
    c) Describe one attitude which Christians might have towards euthanasia
    d) Explain why Christians have different attitudes towards suicide.
    e) ‘It is always wrong to take a human life.’ Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.

And thought you might want the ones from June 2012 as well so here they are:

a) What is meant by the term ‘marriage’?
    b) State two reasons which a Christian couple might give for not having sex before marriage.
    c) Describe how some Christians might respond to a person getting married after divorce.
    d) Explain Christian attitudes towards contraception.
    e) ‘Divorce is sometimes necessary.’Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.

a) What is meant by the term 'suicide'?
    b) State two reasons why Christians may be against suicide
    c) Describe one reason why a Christian may oppose abortion
    d) Explain why Christians have different opinions towards Euthanasia
    e) "The use of animals in medical research is always wrong" Discuss this statement. You should include different, supported points of view and a personal viewpoint. You must refer to Christianity in your answer.

These are for the religion and human relationships and religion and medical ethics exams for Ethics.
    Hope these are of use
    Thank you soooo much
    :dance:

ReputationRep:
    I'm retaking ethics. I got 30/50 which is a C from January 2013, hope this paper isn't too hard :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djwolfy)
    Thank you soooo much
    :dance:
    You're welcome! Good luck on Monday!

(Original post by Thebeast97)
    I'm retaking ethics. I got 30/50 which is a C from January 2013, hope this paper isn't too hard :/
    Aww, yeah I heard that loads of people really struggled on it (I've already forgotten how I thought it went, haha) Our school doesn't let us do resits even if we fail, so you're lucky that you're able to do a resit
    Good luck in your resit and in your other Ethics exam!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2013

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.