AQA History Unit 1L Britain 1905-51 14th May 2013Watch this thread
let's stay positive.
(I shall repeat this until the very bitter end)
Has anyone got a list of all the questions that have ever come up in this paper before? Would be really useful...
1) Explain why most women were granted the vote in Parliament elections in 1918? (12 Marks)
2) How far did the First World War change the position of the Liberal Party by the end of 1918? (24 Marks)
1) Explain why Ramsay MacDonald decided to lead a 'National Government' in August 1931? (12 Marks)
2) How successful were the National Governments in dealing with economic problems in the years 1931 to 1939? (24 Marks)
1) Explain why most Labour MPs supported the 1942 Beveridge Report? (12 Marks)
2) How to successful were Attlee's Governments in establishing a welfare state in the years 1945 to 1951? (24 Marks)
these were the questions that came up in January's exam, they were posted on another thread about Britain 1900-1951.
for the past papers you should check aqa's website, they have them all there!
Dont worry guys, we're all in this together, so we're all screwed!
Gotta admit though, the most frustrating thing about this exam is the phrasing of the questions. They're either too vague or specific. Seriously, some of them throw me off until I realize that it links to whatever they're asking but in just a much more obscure and stupid way.
Omg SO GLAD that I'm not the only one!!
still, dont recall being a question on Ireland and the Home Rule Bill though? Potential q?
In terms of Unit 1, the key themes tend to be 1906 Election, Social Reforms, Constitutional Crisis
and for Unit 4, 1945-47/51 Economic Problems/Recovery, 1945/1951 Election and WW2.
Just a guess though, I really do wish there was some AQA History god lurking around in these forums knowing exactly whats coming up tommorow!