Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Happy new year to the Iranian members!!Hope u hav a happy day 2morrow..
    luv
    zaz :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    luv
    I'm not Iranian.

But our form tutor gave out sweets today for it.

So... yeh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I'm not Iranian.

But our form tutor gave out sweets today for it.

So... yeh...
    Lolz..I like their setup for it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    luv
    Yes, happy new year and hopeful for a move toward regime change in your coming year!

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Year then.

I didn't even know there was such a thing in Iran. Is it something to do with just the country or with Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Happy New Year then.

I didn't even know there was such a thing in Iran. Is it something to do with just the country or with Islam?
    how many iranian members are there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    how many iranian members are there?
    I don't know. The whole world uses the gregorian calendar in relation to business etc. I don't see the point in classifying it as a 'new year'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al65)
    Happy new year to any iranians here!

Basically the iranian calendar is a solar one (not a lunar one) and so is similar to the gregorian one. The only difference is that instead of starting at some slightly random point (1st january) it starts exactly at the time of the spring equinox (so new years day is the first day of spring). The tradition goes back to a couple of thousand years bc (before islam etc) and most iranians celebrate it (even if they're british iranians as any excuse for a new year's party will do! )
    Happy Spring and New Year everyone...is it the same year (2004) for Iranians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al65)
    Happy new year to any iranians here!

Basically the iranian calendar is a solar one (not a lunar one) and so is similar to the gregorian one. The only difference is that instead of starting at some slightly random point (1st january) it starts exactly at the time of the spring equinox (so new years day is the first day of spring). The tradition goes back to a couple of thousand years bc (before islam etc) and most iranians celebrate it (even if they're british iranians as any excuse for a new year's party will do! )
    are you an iranian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    luv
    Happy 1383! I wish my fellow Iranian compatriots all the best for the new year. I think I'll stay up for it: 06:48:37 AM March 20th GMT.

May I add what a shame it is for this thread to have been brought into disrepute over a daft and off-topic squabble that could easily have been discussed through PMs. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness)
    Happy 1383! I wish my fellow Iranian compatriots all the best for the new year. I think I'll stay up for it: 06:48:37 AM March 20th GMT.

May I add what a shame it is for this thread to have been brought into disrepute over a daft and off-topic squabble that could easily have been discussed through PMs. *sigh*
    My sincere apologies to all you people whom wish to celebrate the Iranian New Year , tis a shame that such a worthy thread be put in dis-repute due to one members petty squabble. (Ollie- Ive removed it now :rolleyes: )
    All the best and Happy New Year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    My sincere apologies to all you people whom wish to celebrate the Iranian New Year , tis a shame that such a worthy thread be put in dis-repute due to one members petty squabble. (Ollie- Ive removed it now :rolleyes: )
    All the best and Happy New Year.
    Cheers Bhaal, I'm iranian. Apology accepted mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono_3)
    Cheers Bhaal, I'm iranian. Apology accepted mate.
    Happy New Year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Happy New Year!
    But Iranian new year is on the 21st of March though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono_3)
    But Iranian new year is on the 21st of March though!
    Is it not in a few hours? Tis confusing. Anyway Happy New Year for whenever it is, I'm off to sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Happy Spring and New Year everyone...is it the same year (2004) for Iranians?
    it doesn't feel like spring at all, it just keeps raining and raining, here in britain

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Year

ReputationRep:
    Where is Bono! hehehe...

ReputationRep:
    Norooz Mobarek people!

ReputationRep:
    So how is this celebrated?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.