i think you should come back :confused:
mangomaz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
So how is this celebrated?
well, u set up this thing called 'sofreyeh haft seen' (i think or it may jus b hafseen lol) which literally translated means tablecloth of 7 'seen's (which is a letter of the iranian alphabet) by the way i may just b bull****ting here feel free to correct me haha...

so yeh wat was i saying.. oh yeh so on the table u put 7 things that in iranian begin with the letter 'seen', so u have 'serke' - vinegar, 'somagh' - some kind of powder spice thing or watever that u put on kebabs, 'samanou' - a paste i hav no idea wat it is!, 'seeb' - apples, and erm... change (as in coins) but i dunno wat u call that in iranian i forgot lol... and a couple of opther things. and u buy all new clothes cz its a new year (yay lol for once my dad is telling me to buy new stuff woo!!!)

wat else... oh yeh, u hav a goldfish bowl and u put goldfish in it (duh :P) and also flowers, mainly hyacinth cz its v nice and smelly.

i dont really no wat else u do... party obviously i suppose... oh yeh make sure ur house is really clean... yeh.. im sure if u go iran there r loads of massive celebrations but iv never been so i dont no..

lol how cool im sharing a bit of culture
eidetan mobarak
mazxxxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (207)
46.94%
Take exams next summer (63)
14.29%
Change uni choice through clearing (100)
22.68%
Apply to uni next year instead (45)
10.2%
I'm not applying to university (26)
5.9%

Watched Threads