Yes, we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono_3)
    Yes, we are.
    i think you should come back :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    So how is this celebrated?
    well, u set up this thing called 'sofreyeh haft seen' (i think or it may jus b hafseen lol) which literally translated means tablecloth of 7 'seen's (which is a letter of the iranian alphabet) by the way i may just b ********ting here feel free to correct me haha...

so yeh wat was i saying.. oh yeh so on the table u put 7 things that in iranian begin with the letter 'seen', so u have 'serke' - vinegar, 'somagh' - some kind of powder spice thing or watever that u put on kebabs, 'samanou' - a paste i hav no idea wat it is!, 'seeb' - apples, and erm... change (as in coins) but i dunno wat u call that in iranian i forgot lol... and a couple of opther things. and u buy all new clothes cz its a new year (yay lol for once my dad is telling me to buy new stuff woo!!!)

wat else... oh yeh, u hav a goldfish bowl and u put goldfish in it (duh :P) and also flowers, mainly hyacinth cz its v nice and smelly.

i dont really no wat else u do... party obviously i suppose... oh yeh make sure ur house is really clean... yeh.. im sure if u go iran there r loads of massive celebrations but iv never been so i dont no..

lol how cool im sharing a bit of culture
    eidetan mobarak
    mazxxxx

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.