This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi there, This is to all you A2 computing Students. I have done AS Computing AQA and found alrite but dont know whether to take it next year instead of Maths. Can any one tell me if Computing gets harder next year. Is the Coursework hard or is it the same as the AS pretty much.

Any Advice would be appreciated.

cheers
Computergeek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah good question!
Flakker
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Well Im about to take my A2 computing exams, so I think I can answer your question.
I already did a fair amount of computing like activity before starting my A-levels, so I like a lot of people found the AS quite easy, especially due to the really easy exams we were given last Summer.
A2 computing covers a lot of the same ground, but in further detail and picks up on a few new things. There is more to learn, and some people struggle with reading pseudo-code and recursive functions etc, but if you program you will find this not at all challenging. The coursework leaves you more of a free reign, but the mark scheme appears to be more generous toward the database/data processing kind of project. I thought sod that- and wrote a client/server chat proggy.
As for computing vs. maths, I would definately do maths, its more challening, and if you want to do a computer science related degree, no uni I know of gives a stuff about Computing A - level, where as maths is strongly favoured.
Hope that helps
Chrs
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hey flakker you saw we have free reign but does the a2 project not have to be for an end-user? any more info on the project would be appreciated.

that's a shame about most uni's not caring about computing - i assumed it was the most important subject... oh well i'm taking maths as well.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads