The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Law - The Law of Contract - Thursday 6th June 2013

Thought i'd start this thread for anyone sitting the OCR A2 Contract Law paper! Just use this thread to discuss revision techniques and any predictions :P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I find it really difficult making AO2 points :| Any advice? :|:|
Reply 2
Original post by Bosssaab
I find it really difficult making AO2 points :| Any advice? :|:|

The AO2 points are basically pretty self-explanatory, your teacher should really tell you what the AO2 is cause its usually all the same crap like harsh, unfair rule, therefore certain exceptions have been made! You're basically criticising your AO1 points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by mkhan9035
The AO2 points are basically pretty self-explanatory, your teacher should really tell you what the AO2 is cause its usually all the same crap like harsh, unfair rule, therefore certain exceptions have been made! You're basically criticising your AO1 points

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay I see where your coming from but like, my teacher hasn't really told us them he was all like 'Look at the book' and I was like 'Umm what' :erm:

But yeah thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Who else is taking this exam a week on thursday? And how's revision going? :P I find it so hard to remember cases and AO2 so i'm screwed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
im doing this exam to! and im bricking it!! my lecturer has said that we need to focus on consideration intention and privity aswell as mistake
Reply 6
Original post by leejh
im doing this exam to! and im bricking it!! my lecturer has said that we need to focus on consideration intention and privity aswell as mistake

Yeah my teacher told me to revise Offer/Acceptance, Consideration, Intention, Privity, Implied Terms, Misrepresentation, Mistake, Economic Duress, Performance, Breach and Frustration. We were told to miss out Types of Terms and Undue Influence. I just hate this exam because there's far too much to remember :frown:
Reply 7
Yeah i totes agree. There is TOOOOO much to remember! I dont know how im going to pass it 2bh. The essay questions are disgusting! they have no structure!! :|:|
Reply 8
im doing it too! revising terms, exclusion clause, offer acceptance, consideration, frustration, performance.. well everything except undue influence and mistake. I haven't got enough time for those two! :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Just cannot be bothered revising for this exam! I've revised so much but there's far too much to remember :frown: I've missed out Intention, Terms of a contract, Incorporating terms, Undue Influence and Exclusion Clauses! I'm revising everything else :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I feel your pain. I'm missing out all of terms and possibly misrepresentation... I cant get my head around it
Reply 11
I feel your pain. I'm missing out all of terms and possibly misrepresentation... I cant get my head around it

There's just too much! I cba anymore! I've nearly run out of time! Hoping to get breach and frustration revised today an then I can start recapping everything and look over past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
There's just too much! I cba anymore! I've nearly run out of time! Hoping to get breach and frustration revised today an then I can start recapping everything and look over past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know man, even if i knew what was coming i still wouldn't be prepared :frown:

I need to cover about 7 topics 2day :'( :confused:

Good Luck for the exam :smile:
Reply 13
i've got it tommorow aswell. only missing out offer and acceptance and mistake though as there is just far too much to remember for them !
wondering how you guys are structuring your part B answers ? ive been doing A01 at the start then all of the A02 at the end ? what other structures have you been trying ?
Reply 14
Dudes, cmon, this **** is basic.
You need 20 cases tops for each section + a definition, that is basically it.

Structure B as
1. Give definitions of all issues
2. Give law re issues (just describe all the cases you gonna use)
3. Law re Q (describe how the law will be used by the parties)
4. Conclusion

+ the unit 4 is gonna be piss easy
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
I know man, even if i knew what was coming i still wouldn't be prepared :frown:

I need to cover about 7 topics 2day :'( :confused:

Good Luck for the exam :smile:

Thanks man you too, i'm revising frustration now (last topic) :/ then i have to go over all the topics, look at past papers and "try" and remember everything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
btw protip: we probably won't have restraint of trade as it is the subject of the special study
Reply 17
Original post by CEKTOP
Dudes, cmon, this **** is basic.
You need 20 cases tops for each section + a definition, that is basically it.

Structure B as
1. Give definitions of all issues
2. Give law re issues (just describe all the cases you gonna use)
3. Law re Q (describe how the law will be used by the parties)
4. Conclusion

+ the unit 4 is gonna be piss easy

i've lost my exam timetable so I don't know if the exam is in the morning or afternoon. can you please help?
Reply 18
Hi, I've lost my timetable so I don't know if the exam is in the morning or afternoon. can you guys tell me, please?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Thanks man you too, i'm revising frustration now (last topic) :/ then i have to go over all the topics, look at past papers and "try" and remember everything :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've lost my exam timetable so I don't know if the exam is in the morning or afternoon. can you please help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending