Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, look I have a problem) My provisional A level choices should have been in last week
    2) I dont know which subjects to write down

I dont know what to do because I love all of my GCSE subjects, Im really good at all of them, I dont want to give any up (except english n english lit.) and i have no idea what I want to be in life. Help what would you say are a good set of A level choices which aren't very restricting, I've heard the, "do what you enjoy" lines so please don't bother because i really like everything.
    The GCSE subjects I'm studying are:
    Biology, Chemistry, Phsyics, Maths, RS, English, English Literature, Spanish, French, History and Music.
    Somebody told me that Maths, chemistry, a langauge and history are a good combination but i want more opinions! please help asap i need my form in as soon as possible.
    Thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    Hi everyone, look I have a problem) My provisional A level choices should have been in last week
    2) I dont know which subjects to write down

I dont know what to do because I love all of my GCSE subjects, Im really good at all of them, I dont want to give any up (except english n english lit.) and i have no idea what I want to be in life. Help what would you say are a good set of A level choices which aren't very restricting, I've heard the, "do what you enjoy" lines so please don't bother because i really like everything.
    The GCSE subjects I'm studying are:
    Biology, Chemistry, Phsyics, Maths, RS, English, English Literature, Spanish, French, History and Music.
    Somebody told me that Maths, chemistry, a langauge and history are a good combination but i want more opinions! please help asap i need my form in as soon as possible.
    Thanks very much.
    Ok, do you have any idea of future careers? If not...

Chemistry/Maths/Langague/History does leave alot of doors open, I would have a think about what area you would like to go into after university (science? the city? etc etc). Tell us and we can help more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Ok, do you have any idea of future careers? If not...

Chemistry/Maths/Langague/History does leave alot of doors open, I would have a think about what area you would like to go into after university (science? the city? etc etc). Tell us and we can help more

Well career wise, In the last couple of weeks ive considered:
    Medicine, Law, being a Mathematician, a Clinical Psychologist, A medical biochemist, A sociologist and a Financial Adviser, can you help?

ReputationRep:
    Medicine, Law, being a Mathematician, a Clinical Psychologist, A medical biochemist, A sociologist and a Financial Adviser, can you help?

If you lack direction and passion on your subject, admissions tutors may pick up on this. Talk to people and do some research and decide which one you are really more likely to enjoy and persevere with.

ReputationRep:
    ok, well....psycology at degree level does not require A level
    Medicine you really need Bio and Chem
    Financial - Econ + Maths
    Law - basically anything..

History/Bio/Chem/Maths - would be a good combonation

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.