The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by razza41
anyone get the logs question for aqa c2? i got (x+3)(x+3) so there was only one value, and the stretch too did people get in the x axis scale factor a half? also the 2^k people get 6/5 as k?

If you remember the question I can answer it. . . :smile:
Those AQA c1 and c2 papers were very diffucly. I've worked out I have probably got 42 core 2, 48 core 1. Will that be enough for a C in both?
Reply 403
Original post by razza41
anyone get the logs question for aqa c2? i got (x+3)(x+3) so there was only one value, and the stretch too did people get in the x axis scale factor a half? also the 2^k people get 6/5 as k?

from what i hear, as i didnt sit the exam but many of my friends did, x was -3, and the stretch was by sf2 apparently, but thats just me overhearing :-)
Original post by razza41

I got that :biggrin: The stretch I couldn't get my head round though.

For whoever asked the question, it was the one where they told you to use a quadratic to solve a logs function thing?
mechanics went awful

first few pages were okay, but couldn't get two 8mark and one 5 mark question :frown:

C grade at best :frown:

exam board: CCEA
Original post by upthegunners
mechanics went awful

first few pages were okay, but couldn't get two 8mark and one 5 mark question :frown:

Anyone do mei c1 and want to predict a grade boundary for an A ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mechanics went awful

That sucks bro, I'm sure boundaries will be low if it was that hard though?
Reply 408
Original post by krishkmistry
Anyone do mei c1 and want to predict a grade boundary for an A ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't do the paper but I think it's usually about 55 - 60 ish for an A (raw score that is) :smile:
Mechanics was so awful. I really thought I was going to do well, but the questions were WAY more extreme in comparison to the past papers! Such a let down.
Reply 410
how did everyone find aqa core 2?
Original post by idontknowbye
hey guys! Did anybody do edexcel core 1?!

Haven't done it but you're not supposed to talk about it
Original post by justinawe
That sucks bro, I'm sure boundaries will be low if it was that hard though?

maybe dude :frown: I was hitting 70+/75 in all past papers :frown:(

I just had no idea what to do for the questions? They were like nothing I had ever seen.. :frown: eugh :frown:

I think I'll be looking at a B/C in AS maths now due to mechanics :frown:(((((

going out to get drunk tonight though :colone:
Reply 413
C1 [Retake done] - S1 Friday C2 Next Friday i want to rape C2 its a nice module :colone:. C1 was ..................... :biggrin:
Reply 414

I just had no idea what to do for the questions? They were like nothing I had ever seen.. :frown: eugh :frown:

Was M1 hard ouch?

Just get 100 for C1 and C2, and you'll only need a borderline E in Mechanics for an A overall! :colone:
anyone did aqa MPC1 today? What did everyone get for area of shaded region? I got 45/2.
Original post by LAZYABDI
C1 [Retake done] - S1 Friday C2 Next Friday i want to rape C2 its a nice module :colone:. C1 was ..................... :biggrin:

Can I ask you for your view on C1 and what you think the grade boundaries will be ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 418

Ah sucks brah exam pressure and new ways to ask questions do sometimes put people off, at least you can get hammered though :colone:

I can't discuss my paper yet, but we'll just have to see until results day what it comes out as
Reply 419

If it helps at all bro, 50+ students in my school who did it today said they didn't get anything past Question 4, which means no kids in our school will get higher than a C this year as we all discussed after!

Latest

Trending

Trending