The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justinawe
Do a fire drill? :eyeball: If you're stuck on a question, that could potentially save you... so much extra time to think :ahee:

Exactly! Yeah, we line up outside and get counted and that... Then back in :h:
Well, of course you found found it straightforward. If you've done STEP/AEA prep, even the toughest possible A-level paper is cake!

Well that has helped massively when doing C3 and C4 but with Mechanics I just have to picture the question in my head and once I understand what's going on in my head then I normally tend to get the right answer, STEP and AEA are still quite a task though :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Exactly! Yeah, we line up outside and get counted and that... Then back in :h:

They kept us inside and said 'don't worry, if there is an actual fire we won't let you die' but it was just another student setting it off, quite annoying really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reubenkinara
Yep. And discuss :smile:

I've memorized enough to recall
"In the unlikely event of a fire alarm going off stay sitted and wait for instructions from the invigilator"

But anyway its good to hire someone to do it for the extra marks or extra time. :thumbup:
Well, if failing this exam has done me any good it's taught me how annoying I sounds when I exclaim "that was easy" after an exam that was hard for others!

:lol: I used to do that in year 10! I was a right arrogant prick :colone:
Do a fire drill? :eyeball: If you're stuck on a question, that could potentially save you... so much extra time to think :ahee:

That's what happened during my English language exam last year, guess who came out with an A* in that exam..
Well, if failing this exam has done me any good it's taught me how annoying I sounds when I exclaim "that was easy" after an exam that was hard for others!

I've never really been able to say that as I was never the smartest in my class, but now I understand how it makes others feel worse so I just try to say that the exam went alright but we'll have to wait and see, even though consciously I know I've done pretty well compared to the rest but I don't like putting others down because I get better marks than them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameisntbobk
That's what happened during my English language exam last year, guess who came out with an A* in that exam..

Hah! It's probably more useful during maths or science exams though, where there are actual solid 100% answers to be discussed.
:lol: I used to do that in year 10! I was a right arrogant prick :colone:

This M1 is a resit on a different exam board. There's no point reresitting so I'll just self-study and do an extra easy module that isn't part of my FMAS/A2. This year, I'll request that S1 (if I do better) be cashed in for AS!
This M1 is a resit on a different exam board. There's no point reresitting so I'll just self-study and do an extra easy module that isn't part of my FMAS/A2. This year, I'll request that S1 (if I do better) be cashed in for AS!

Ah, I see. I'd recommend D1, if your school doesn't already do that. I was planning to take that this summer, but I got too lazy... nearly got through the entire textbook in a couple of hours, but I gave up out of boredom!
Ah, I see. I'd recommend D1, if your school doesn't already do that. I was planning to take that this summer, but I got too lazy... nearly got through the entire textbook in a couple of hours, but I gave up out of boredom!

Though, thinking about it, it may not be necesary. Cam is the only uni I'm applying to that worry about UMS and I only need an A in FM so I could use one of the FM modules (I should do D1) for A2 maths so that the A* in normal maths is high. Then M1 will go to FM.
To Clarify: Cam are ok with making an offer on maths even though I'm not doing it in yr 13.
Reply 551
Right folks! Where's the unofficial mark scheme for yesterday's m1 paper?
Original post by sounique
Right folks! Where's the unofficial mark scheme for yesterday's m1 paper?

You can find it on the 'Edexcel m1 official thread'. Arsey put up the mark scheme there a little while back. I would link it but I don't know how on my stupid phone..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Did you really find it that hard? I must admit it was different but the questions only required a little more thought to them. :smile:

I would've got 100 UMS if I used the area of a triangle correctly but I forgot to divide it by 2, oh well I think I've lost about 4 marks there which i should gain thanks to my special consideration, so there is still a chance for 100 UMS :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What special consideration?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What special consideration?

The fire alarm went off during it so it distracted me and because of that I've got special consideration which amounts to 3-4 marks I think, I'd rather the alarm didn't go off in the first place though -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
The fire alarm went off during it so it distracted me and because of that I've got special consideration which amounts to 3-4 marks I think, I'd rather the alarm didn't go off in the first place though -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I see, that can ruin concentration! How did it go anyways? :smile:
Reply 556
Original post by lebron_23
You can find it on the 'Edexcel m1 official thread'. Arsey put up the mark scheme there a little while back. I would link it but I don't know how on my stupid phone..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Reply 557
Original post by lebron_23

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I've tried to find it. I googled "tsr Edexcel M1 Unofficial Mark Scheme", found a thread, opened the link and found that EVERY SINGLE answer was different. My heart stopped, I panicked like crazy and then realised it was the Jan unofficial mark scheme. My nerves...

Anyway, can you please tell me the exact name so I can search it. Can't find it anywhere!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Ahh I see, that can ruin concentration! How did it go anyways? :smile:

It definitely did and I only think I dropped 3-4 marks depending on how many method marks they award me, which I get around the same with this special consideration so I'm hoping its enough for 100! But if not then it'll be 98-99 I assume

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 559
Don't worry!! I have found it!

Latest

Trending

Trending