The Student Room Group

Friends with benefits situation

I'm currently in a friends with benefits situation with my ex. As ive never had a friends with benefits situation, im unsure what it consists of other than sex.

We've been doing the following:
- Cuddling before and after sex
- Holding hands in public
- He's been taking me out to eat and paying

It just feels like we're back in a relationship, although I could be completely wrong and these are just normal things you do in a FWB situation, im just unsure.

If anyone could give me a possible list of "dos" and "donts" that would be great.

Thanks in advance (:
I'm not really an expert either but it does sound like this is quite a bit more affectionate than a usual "friends with benefits" situation - I think the fact that it is your ex means that it's quite likely that there are still strong, lingering feelings as well as a lot of history which would make it difficult to establish any kind of "normal" friends with benefits situation. I just kind of feel like with all of this affectionate behaviour, alongside the sex, the feelings will rise to the surface again even for only just one of you and make things really difficult! :frown:
sounds like he wants his cake and to eat it too!
Actually got into a FWB sort of thing with an ex of mine a while ago, but we would go months without seeing or contacting each other in between times, so this is something a lil different... I wouldn't really recommend it, I always felt a bit lazy resorting to my ex!
Original post by GabbyM
I'm currently in a friends with benefits situation with my ex. As ive never had a friends with benefits situation, im unsure what it consists of other than sex.

It just feels like we're back in a relationship, although I could be completely wrong and these are just normal things you do in a FWB situation, im just unsure.

If anyone could give me a possible list of "dos" and "donts" that would be great.

Thanks in advance (:

Personally I think the whole thing is a bad idea especially as it is an ex, maybe what you both need to do is actually talk about this because clearly there is still feelings involved.
Reply 5
Original post by GabbyM

Thanks in advance (:

FWB what can I say dude. Congratulations, that is the idea relationship. Well done, just well done! But the benefits is sex as soon as that's done it's back to the friendship dynamic. What every you wouldn't do with another friend you shouldn't do with this one... you know...other than ****ing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending