Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel as I've gotten older, all my previous close friends have either met their boyfriends and settled down with kids (we're only 21-23). The rest have moved to different places and even countries!

then there is me -- stuck in a rut slowly losing my social circle and my sparkle. I'm always the life at the party but I feel so abandoned and might grow old lonely

anyone feel the same as me?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I know how you feel, and its tough being alone. Right now I'm the loneliest I've ever been in my entire life, and the worse part is not knowing why. What university are you at? If you ever want to talk feel free to message me, because I can truly relate to how you are feeling

Sarah
    x

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this at the moment.
    There's a group of my friends that I hang out at college with, and recently it was someone's birthday in the group from college. Anyway that person had a little get together and didn't invite me. It has upset me at the fact I didn't get an invite ! I would say something but I don't really want to make a scene of it..:/ !

ReputationRep:
    maybe enjoy being alone and explore other things in life. now that you have some time, maybe you use that time to make something of yourself in life. sharing (hanging out with friends etc) is important, but only to an extent. sharing is not everything.

at 21, you can still study medicine if you put your mind to it. you can do anything in life. you have the youth and energy.
    at 31, it becomes increasingly difficult - you will be a 40 years old junior doc.
    at 41, certain career paths would be closed - and you will be classed as 'old' by the systems.

you don't have to study medicine. it was just an example.

ReputationRep:
    I've been there and probably still am, in some regards. The best thing to do is focus your energy on something you enjoy doing. If you're doing something you enjoy and you're happy the other feelings will not be as clear. I'm not saying they'll go away because they won't. It is hard seeing people doing things with their lives but I guess they took their chances. I probably haven't taken as many chances in my life that I should've, so I guess you have to start taking chances or create them if there aren't any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaris-Willow)
    Hey,
    I know how you feel, and its tough being alone. Right now I'm the loneliest I've ever been in my entire life, and the worse part is not knowing why. What university are you at? If you ever want to talk feel free to message me, because I can truly relate to how you are feeling

Sarah
    x
    Hey, thanks for your comment it's comforting to know I'm not the only one. I'm at one in Scotland. I'm not sure how to work this I couldn't find an option to pm you x

ReputationRep:
    If you want you can just add me on facebook? its easier to use
    http://www.facebook.com/GreenLady121

ReputationRep:
    I think people our age tend to go through this kind of thing. It's natural; we're in that stage somewhere between a teen and an adult. I take long walks when I feel lonely or broody. It's a bit liberating to do something you wouldn't normally do. Go swim in a nearby creek if it's not too cold, go out to a coffee place or movie on your own, meet new people and respond politely to people who talk to you unless they seem creepy.
    Join a new club, buy a pet, take up a new hobby and involve yourself in things you like. You'll have new friends before you know it
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i feel the exact same and im not even at uni. im waiting to reapply this year fro college in ap art time course so i can continue to work and save for travelling. i fell out with alot of friends as we have different morals (they expected me to sleep around and cheat on my bf. ditched me when i refused and havent spoke since) all the other mutual friends we had abandoned me defending them so even in my hometown im completely alone except my boyfriend who has a thriving social life.
    its comforting to know others can relate as upsetting as it is. feel free to message or fb me if you feel you wanna chat. - im a friendly person

ReputationRep:
    although old friends may drift away, that always room for new ones so you don't have to be lonely and alone Just from this thread there are loads of people just lining up to fill the gap and be there for you! you can meet them anywhere - online or in hobby clubs / societies etc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.