Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ah help! So it's 13 days till the exam, and anyone got any predictions on the listening/listening essay topic?!
    Also any tips for improving the Directed Writing would be gratefully received

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    It's nice to see another person doing higher german.
    This probably won't be very helpful of me, but I don't really have very many predictions for listening/reading. However, saying that, it likely won't be similar to last year's topic, and the listening and discursive writing will likely be related in some way. For example, if it's about eating habits in Scotland, the writing could be on fitness/health.
    As for Directed Writing, I would firstly advise you to make sure that your grammar is spot on, so correct cases, adjective endings, irregular verbs, etc. Apart from that, perhaps try to vary your sentences more - sorry, I'm not sure what else to say!
    Viel Glueck!

(Original post by scotland_1)
    Ah help! So it's 13 days till the exam, and anyone got any predictions on the listening/listening essay topic?!
    Also any tips for improving the Directed Writing would be gratefully received
    I did Higher German last year, and for the Directed Writing, my main tip would be to try and learn as many set phrases as possible. Before my exam, I had learnt a couple of sentences to say how I got to Germany/Austria, some phrases about who I went with, what I gained from the experience etc. etc.
    Basically, try to prepare some sentences that you can just slot in, if the bullet points allow. Apart from that, practise, practise, pratise. I went through as many past papers as I could get my hands on to see which points the exam board made most often (as in "say how you got there") and tried to make sure that I at least had an idea of what I could say.

Aside from that, in the exam - make sure that you check and double check that you've covered each of the points. Otherwise, it can be really pretty costly... Good luck!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.