Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long did it take to build up your rep on tsr? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Calling all those with green reps ! How long did it take to build up your amazing reps as I'm been red for ages now !

ReputationRep:
    Make a hilarious post early in a thread bound to get a lot of hits. You'll get into the green in a day.

ReputationRep:
    It could take years probably. But if you're a girl, you could maybe get 5 gems in about 3months.

All you need is an avatar with your face (I'm working on the assumption you're pretty), top it off with witty comments on the first page and BANG. You'll be there in 3 months

ReputationRep:
    What he says - if you're not witty and don't catch a thread in its infancy, it's long and hard.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need a good rep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob da Mop)
    Make a hilarious post early in a thread bound to get a lot of hits. You'll get into the green in a day.
    ^This basically, rep also seems to come if you are not looking for it, I have no intrest in rep myself.

ReputationRep:
    People with many many green boxes have been posting over a number of years. And saying witty things or posting hilarious memes or making comments that the majority agree with.

ReputationRep:
    Upload pictures of yourself, not failing to show some cleavage in one or two, and post some sexually obscene things in the 'Sexual Health' forum every now and then.

It works for quite a few on here

ReputationRep:
    I've been here for a good few years, a bit of my rep has come from the witty comments and that sort of thing, the majority has been from decent posts in debate forums. I'd have a lot more if I moderated my views, but honestly I don't see the point.

ReputationRep:
    Only a couple of months :cool:

What can I say... I'm just hilarious

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not really, I just try and help people on threads where no one else is replying

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to work off those 4 red bad boys first!

ReputationRep:
    I've been here since January and got my fifth green gem about a month ago. I feel like a Pokemon trainer talking about gems as if they're my badges ERM but yeah I'm sure you'll get out of the red easily enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just be active and witty...

Being funny is probably more important, as I get about even pos/neg for my views. Having said that though, being a left-leaning forum, those that rep me for my views tend to have more rep themselves and thus more rep power.

But yeah... I've had serious greenage for 2 or 3 years now.

ReputationRep:
    Create a new account with a witty/unusual username, post ironic or witty comments on most first pages and NEVER post in the religion forums!! :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Uh, I've had this greenage for some time now. Haven't gained or lost a gem one for a while now though.

How'd I do it?
    No freakin' idea.

ReputationRep:

gotta stay on the grind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    I've been here since January and got my fifth green gem about a month ago. I feel like a Pokemon trainer talking about gems as if they're my badges ERM but yeah I'm sure you'll get out of the red easily enough.

But in Pokémon, Red is at the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My_name_was_taken)
    But in Pokémon, Red is at the top.
    This isn't pokemons though :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss_s95)
    What he says - if you're not witty and don't catch a thread in its infancy, it's long and hard.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    This isn't pokemons though :holmes:
    You are correct, sir.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.