The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've basically secured a summer job, selling granite :woo:
made a sale for £800 the other day '^'
Original post by chloe--
I would if I could! Physics is my favourite of the sciences :smile: I'd be more than happy to help you if you want any!

A job is a job, that's the way I look at it! And my friends know that I'm not the stereotypical mcdonalds employee, so it's fine!

True, True.. Am I correct in thinking that your job is part time? Cause there's a opening at my local Mcdonalds but it's full time. Don't know whether or not I should apply..
Heyy people,
What are your thoughts on Decision maths?
Having second thoughts! :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a job at my leisure centre but I couldn't do it incase I go on holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by THEMathlete
Heyy people,
What are your thoughts on Decision maths (a level) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Hahaha my sisters been working at Sainsbury during the weekends for 2 years. I take my friends and i boss her about at the checkouts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're cruel
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Working at McDonald's isn't a bad job :nah:

Better than no job
Reply 8667
Original post by Elm Tree
True, True.. Am I correct in thinking that your job is part time? Cause there's a opening at my local Mcdonalds but it's full time. Don't know whether or not I should apply..

It is :smile: I'm hoping to do more over summer since I have nothing to do!
Um, try it, put in your availability and see if it lets you apply? I mean, over summer, there's nothing to stop you doing full time anyway :smile:
Heyy people,

Posted from TSR Mobile

easy but easy to mess up
Reply 8669
Original post by UncreativeJ
You're cruel

Loool she's cruel... My only time for revenge.

LOoOOol! Btw you can change your dp...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hajinator
Wow that's amazing! And hard. btw you're a girl right? And I'm gonna apply to the one that takes you to all these American unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean the Sutton trust one? I may apply to that next year, if it doesn't conflict with the business seminar/summer school at Wharton I'm applying to as well.
Reply 8671
Original post by Princepieman
You mean the Sutton trust one? I may apply to that next year, if it doesn't conflict with the business seminar/summer school at Wharton I'm applying to as well.

Hey Prince! :smile: I see you're enjoying your summer! Some of us still have exams! Hahaa how are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Loool she's cruel... My only time for revenge.

LOoOOol! Btw you can change your dp...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can but I'm not really bothered at the moment
Heyy people,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boring. :yawn:

I prefer mechanics.
Original post by Jina
Hey Prince! :smile: I see you're enjoying your summer! Some of us still have exams! Hahaa how are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm fine, thanks! No, not at all, I have a crap ton of work to get through because I've started all of my highers. Tonight, I did 3 pages of math questions, a close reading past paper and some physics questions as well. On top of that, tomorrow I have to show around the p7s coming up into my secondary school - which is undoubtedly going to be amusing (not).

I still have the task of raising £35k, to go to UWC in August. So, not a very relaxing summer at all. Two more weeks of schools, couldn't come more quickly.

How are you? What exams do you have left?
Reply 8675
Original post by Princepieman
I'm fine, thanks! No, not at all, I have a crap ton of work to get through because I've started all of my highers. Tonight, I did 3 pages of math questions, a close reading past paper and some physics questions as well. On top of that, tomorrow I have to show around the p7s coming up into my secondary school - which is undoubtedly going to be amusing (not).

I still have the task of raising £35k, to go to UWC in August. So, not a very relaxing summer at all. Two more weeks of schools, couldn't come more quickly.

How are you? What exams do you have left?

Oh wow.... I take back what i said! That sounds horrid! Physics and maths are just *cringe* hahaha. Uhm, showing people around is fun!!! :biggrin:

You've raised around 5K already yes? Or 10? :smile: If anything can pull it off, its you! Haha trust me, i know what you mean. The next 6 days could not go slower for me :frown: I have physics and chemistry left - my two worst subjects. :/

Overall im ok ... Haha i bet you're looking forward to your birthday in about 2-3 weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Oh wow.... I take back what i said! That sounds horrid! Physics and maths are just *cringe* hahaha. Uhm, showing people around is fun!!! :biggrin:

You've raised around 5K already yes? Or 10? :smile: If anything can pull it off, its you! Haha trust me, i know what you mean. The next 6 days could not go slower for me :frown: I have physics and chemistry left - my two worst subjects. :/

Overall im ok ... Haha i bet you're looking forward to your birthday in about 2-3 weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah.. Not a fun set of subjects to come back to after exams. English is my most hated subject, just too much depth for a poem I don't care for.

I only have £5k so far, I need to find the time to organise meetings with companies and emails etc.. Too much work right now, though.

That's good, you're not suffering form hay-fever like me? Haha I am, legally become an adult in scotland! How did you remember?
I'm going to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow :woo:
Still deciding on my numbers :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are too many, we have the highest concentration after London. The issue is finding their contact details, I am going to try the notable ones like Sir Ian Wood and Stuart Milne. Do you have any idea how to pinpoint their contact details?
Original post by Olympiad
I'm going to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow :woo:
Still deciding on my numbers :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inb4 they ask for ID

I might do one as well :wink: Not going to bring ID with me because, you know, that is how I roll.

Latest