Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A couple of weeks my boyfriend and I messed around. I'm not on any type of birth control and we had no type of protection. He pulled out before cumming, but my period is late. I'm not late often. It's now 8 days behind.. What do I do? I'm so scared! I'm 16. I can't have a child.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    First of all stop panicking. If you are pregnant then you can't change the fact you are, however you can do something about it. It is possible that you can be pregnant but it is fairly unlikely. I would say (having been in a similar position) that you should go and take a test as soon as you can, supermarket ones are just as good as any. If you feel you need someone to talk to then in Boots there is a room where someone will consult you privately and they are good at giving advice.

Also look on the NHS website, it is good for options and information.

Once you've found out whether you are or not the next thing to do is get yourself on the pill and make sure you're using some kind of protection. You don't want any reason to feel the worry you're experiencing now again.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    What do I do? I'm so scared! I'm 16. I can't have a child.
    you can if you have unprotected sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A couple of weeks my boyfriend and I messed around. I'm not on any type of birth control and we had no type of protection. He pulled out before cumming, but my period is late. I'm not late often. It's now 8 days behind.. What do I do? I'm so scared! I'm 16. I can't have a child.
    Get a pregnancy test. If positive, see your GP to discuss your options. If negative, see your GP to get sorted out with contraception and start taking some responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    Pre *** (the stuff before a guy actually cums) contain sperm so even if he pulls out, you can still get pregnant.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.