Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know nobody can tell me for sure, but does anybody know how easy/strict Sunderland are about getting into their uni? I need to get 220 ucas points for my course but I think im going to get 200 would Sunderland still maybe let me in? I know some unis do allow it, its advertising and design and I went for an interview with a portfolio if this makes any difference! thanks

ReputationRep:
    They are a pretty laid back university in my experience , I have known people to get in who didn't quite get the points.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they except 240 instead of 260?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kirsten are you asking as a question or trying to say something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Asking a question? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh haha sorry! I thought you were being mean and sarcastic I think unis do have a lea way of like 20 points, anymore and it would be pushing it depends on the uni and how many people want the course probs

ReputationRep:
    its bets to ring the uni up and contact them asap i am from liverpool and going to sunderland to do sports development and liverpool uni and other ones wouldnt accept me but sunderland did so it worth a shot

ReputationRep:
    No wasn't being mean, I might email them to ask, did you find out if they'd except 200?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope I was going to ring them on the day of my results, do you think I should ring before? And mb4 are you going to sunderland in September or already there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i am going in september carnt wait bit nervous aswell like ... yeah i would ring them before it carn't hurt worse they say is no

ReputationRep:
    Oh what accommodation are you staying in? I'm from wirral ille give them a ring/email on Monday

ReputationRep:
    im staying at forge u student village seem the nicest one going to pay the deposit for it on monday ... oh are u i carnt wait to move away see what the night life in sunderland/ newcastle are like ..liverpool good but if u go every week its borin haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Newcastle is best in country apperntly, Liverpools meant to be a top one but used to it now I'm staying in clanny house, how many points do you need?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i have nearly completed an access course got about 2 weeks left of it alls i need to do is pass the course which i have all but done... i deffo wanna go out in newcastle as-well its like having two citys to go out in .... liverpool is good but because live here it doesnt appeal to me as much .. i am abit worried about moving up like its exciting aswell just hope people who i move in with are nice hahhaah

ReputationRep:
    Yeaah I'm scared I'm gonna get put with a load of people who hate alcohol or can't take a joke or something but people up there are simular to scousers apperntly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hahahah am thinking that like get put with people who dont like going out alls they want to do is stay in and revise and im going to billy no mates ..... yeah people seem nice and down to earth so hopefully will be good

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to going just scared if I don't get along with people I'm living with! Which wouldn't be great haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstenbell)
    I'm looking forward to going just scared if I don't get along with people I'm living with! Which wouldn't be great haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahahah i am thinking that ... i want to live with normal nice people who like going out a lot

ReputationRep:
    Geordie shore all the wayyyy, where are you staying Kirsten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah defo normal people and in the precinct, but hardly anyone seems too be staying there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Sunderland Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Sunderland ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Sunderland applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.