Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to have a one night stand? Experiences? watch

Can I just ask everyone, I have never had a ONS and I would like to. I'm a guy and I have got with girls in clubs - got their number and dated etc. But right now I don't want a relationship and I have no idea how to get a friend with benefits as most of my female friends aren't like that or are in relationships + it would just be weird.

So to guys and girls: what experiences have you had in a ONS, any weird stories or anything go wrong, how exactly does it happen?

And crucially, if I wanted to take a girl home who I had pulled in a club, how would I make that extra leap?

Please don't neg me for this

ReputationRep:
    just go with the flow, try to tease her, if things get passionate in the club tell her i have this really cool "insert anything" at my place i have to show you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Can I just ask everyone, I have never had a ONS and I would like to. I'm a guy and I have got with girls in clubs - got their number and dated etc. But right now I don't want a relationship and I have no idea how to get a friend with benefits as most of my female friends aren't like that or are in relationships + it would just be weird.

So to guys and girls: what experiences have you had in a ONS, any weird stories or anything go wrong, how exactly does it happen?

And crucially, if I wanted to take a girl home who I had pulled in a club, how would I make that extra leap?

Please don't neg me for this
    Well if you've got with girls in clubs then you at least know that part, turning that into a ONS I can't say from a guys point of view but from my point of view if I'm not interested in that and just interested making out then I won't have my full attention on the guy and won't hang around for long caring more where my mates have got to so I don't lose them. If I'm up for a ONS then I'll spend more time with the guy, might even wonder off away from my mates to get more drinks or chat for a bit or whatever. Anyway how it goes from there to going home with someone, I generally prefer going to mine so will say I'm heading home or head off in that direction and they tend to follow, in terms of going to guys I've had them ask me back to their's for more drinks, though generally it just tends to be saying that their heading off and then looking at me to see if I'll go with them, and if it's got to that stage then the answer's generally yes anyway. Not sure if this made much sense it's always difficult to describe how these things happen.

I don't think I've ever had any bad ONS experiences and things that happen are generally just funny in hindsight, you get the standard the guys drunk too much so can't get an erection sometimes, I have other funny stories but not divulging them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveIt)
    Well if you've got with girls in clubs then you at least know that part, turning that into a ONS I can't say from a guys point of view but from my point of view if I'm not interested in that and just interested making out then I won't have my full attention on the guy and won't hang around for long caring more where my mates have got to so I don't lose them. If I'm up for a ONS then I'll spend more time with the guy, might even wonder off away from my mates to get more drinks or chat for a bit or whatever. Anyway how it goes from there to going home with someone, I generally prefer going to mine so will say I'm heading home or head off in that direction and they tend to follow, in terms of going to guys I've had them ask me back to their's for more drinks, though generally it just tends to be saying that their heading off and then looking at me to see if I'll go with them, and if it's got to that stage then the answer's generally yes anyway. Not sure if this made much sense it's always difficult to describe how these things happen.

I don't think I've ever had any bad ONS experiences and things that happen are generally just funny in hindsight, you get the standard the guys drunk too much so can't get an erection sometimes, I have other funny stories but not divulging them all.
    Tell I want to laugh

ReputationRep:
    They're not usually amazing, but sometimes it's what you want. I've had 3, and I'll be honest I kind of regret two of them, but at the time they seemed like a good idea and hey, it's life experience. Haven't had great sex on any of them, but it was reasonably fun at the time and I kept in touch with one of the girls.

FWB generally grows out of a flirty friendship, rather than a recurring ONS sort of thing, in my experience anyway. Those that I have seen have multiple ONS style encounters with a single other person tend to end with one of them developing feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Well there are various steps:

- Decide which Night you want to the stand to be on
    - On the night at 12:00am you stand, both feet firmly on the floor
    - At 6am you can stop standing

Congrats you had a "one night stand"

Experiences: Feet really hurt after

ReputationRep:
    Just to throw it out there - there are websites with tens of thousands of members dedicated to precisely what you're talking about...I could be wrong but if you're just looking for a one night stand then I imagine it's more efficient than clubbing.

ReputationRep:
    if your asking how to have a one night stand I think thats where your problem lies

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.