Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So last month me and my long term girlfriend broke up. I felt like it just wasn't the same anymore, we agreed that we've got to move on but she still wants to be with me and still loves me. I love her, always will, but I can see that our relationship has run it's course. Basically I'm done with breaking her heart, how should I act? I want to be her friend, genuinely, but she's just not having it and giving her space makes it worse. Just need some advice guys, thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So last month me and my long term girlfriend broke up. I felt like it just wasn't the same anymore, we agreed that we've got to move on but she still wants to be with me and still loves me. I love her, always will, but I can see that our relationship has run it's course. Basically I'm done with breaking her heart, how should I act? I want to be her friend, genuinely, but she's just not having it and giving her space makes it worse. Just need some advice guys, thanks
    Best thing to do is cut all contact, it is the only way you can both move on from each other.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, you should put as much space in between you two as possible. She will hate you for doing this and anything in the past you may have had with her will turn into you 'just wanting her for sex', but if the relationship has run its course then it needs to be done.

The 'your only using me for sex' thing was another reason we broke up. She just didn't trust me enough. But you guys are right, I'm trying, honestly. Losing contact with your best friend instantly is never easy though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.