Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever let got something inside you mind that you can't stop thinking about? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Like just one particular thing that annoys you constantly day in and day out for say number of months. I have had this for 7 months and am worried it will be in my mind forever.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Always. And when I seem to have forgotten about it, something always pops up to remind me. :sad:

Think it really depends whats troubling you tho.

:hugs: :console:

ReputationRep:
    Yes! If I see a really dodgy image, every time I go to eat something it'll crop back up in my head and put me off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Always. And when I seem to have forgotten about it, something always pops up to remind me. :sad:

Think it really depends whats troubling you tho.

:hugs: :console:
    This particular thing that you think about, how long ago did it happen, or is it still happening?

:hugs:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ihatebrownbread)
    This particular thing that you think about, how long ago did it happen, or is it still happening?

:hugs:
    Its mainly bad memories accumulated over the past ~10 years. I don't really think about them that much but I occasionally get triggers that makes all of those things resurface, leading me into a depressive state. Such as now... :sad:

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Its mainly bad memories accumulated over the past ~10 years. I don't really think about them that much but I occasionally get triggers that makes all of those things resurface, leading me into a depressive state. Such as now... :sad:

Yourself?
    Am the same, bad memories accumulated over about the same period. The thing is, this stuff caused me suffering about 6 years ago and I finally got over it, didn't even think about it much after and said to myself how stupid I was worrying about it. However, stuff happened last year and it returned.

One thing for sure is that it is definitely not worth all this and the only way to change things like this is to change your way of thinking. If only it was that easy
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ihatebrownbread)
    Am the same, bad memories accumulated over about the same period. The thing is, this stuff caused me suffering about 6 years ago and I finally got over it, didn't even think about it much after and said to myself how stupid I was worrying about it. However, stuff happened last year and it returned.

One thing for sure is that it is definitely not worth all this and the only way to change things like this is to change your way of thinking. If only it was that easy
    Yea, I know how you feel. I'm always up for a chat if you want to PM me. :console:

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I know how you feel. I'm always up for a chat if you want to PM me. :console:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can relate to that feeling. At the moment it's me struggling to justify my existence in the world and it's been looping in my mind for weeks now,resurfacing mainly at night after I've finished reading or playing a video game and have nothing to distract me.I can try to overpower it mentally but it just won't go away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.