Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to say 'my family is the kindest in the world' and I am following the rule:
    Definite article + superlative + adjective + de

My response:
    Ma famille est la plus gentille du monde.

But this doesn't seem right..how do I check? Translators aren't really helping.

What rules have I forgotten in my answer below? Is it definitely necessary to include the noun (le professeur) before the superlative (le plus)? Like in English we can say 'My teacher is the best in the world' but we can also say 'My teacher is the best teacher in the world' and both are correct.
    Your response:
    Mon professeur de français est le plus dynamique de toutes les professeurs.

Sample answer:
    Mon professeur de français est le professeur le plus (le moins) dynamique de l’université.

ReputationRep:
    You can say 'j'ai la famille la plus gentille dans le monde'?

For this sort of question, go to wordreference and post there. Many French natives can help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2013

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.