Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I need help in a question relating to intoxication and consent.

If a girl (an alcoholic) in an intoxicated state asks her friend for more alcohol (which her friend does give) - is this voluntary or involuntary intoxication?

After she drinks more, she drunkenly tells him that he can do anything to her. Later, when she has fallen completely unconscious, he has intercourse with her. Is this rape?

[Is it really consent if she was extremely intoxicated? Does she have the capacity to make a choice?
    Or do I just go by the "A drunken consent is still consent" rule.
    However, I do realise that she had given an advanced consent and he had intercourse only when she was unconscious. So does this still indicate the absence of consent?]

Thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    Its voluntary intoxication... Involuntary would mean she doesnt know the serious effects of alcohol or the fact that shes drinking alcohol...

Under s.75(2)(4) [not sure, but theres a section about consent while the other party is sleeping or unconcious] of sexual offences act 2003, i dont think thats a consented act...

I think an answer basing on s.75 will be sufficient...

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.