Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all...just wondering if anyone was doing Italian AS level here...I'm just curious really, and I wanna know how good you are! i'm bad. errrr...if u know any good revision sites or anything please let me know. there is a scary lack of revision guides&websites for italian! its not fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    Hey all...just wondering if anyone was doing Italian AS level here...I'm just curious really, and I wanna know how good you are! i'm bad. errrr...if u know any good revision sites or anything please let me know. there is a scary lack of revision guides&websites for italian! its not fair
    i can give you a password to the teacher support for CIE IT HAS past papers and mark schemes whats in it for me will u scan any papers you have and send them 2 me

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i have a reading&writing question paper that my teacher is marking at the mo, but i should get it back on tuesday, so i could prob send u that when i get it back. thanks, seeing some past exam papers would be extremely helpful. so u do italian AS/A level too huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    yeah, i have a reading&writing question paper that my teacher is marking at the mo, but i should get it back on tuesday, so i could prob send u that when i get it back. thanks, seeing some past exam papers would be extremely helpful. so u do italian AS/A level too huh?
    i'm doing italian a level currently, its the first year my school has offered itt after as-level...i picked it up from scratch for a.s last year, and this year it's even harder. i love it, but there's so little revision stuff, pas papers available compared to french, and im getting incredibly worried about the exam. i really want that a! sorry..not too helpful, just sympathising really...

ReputationRep:
    wow, u picked it up from scratch at as-level? and u r aiming for an a at a level? u must be good! ive done it since year 9 and im still awful! the exams are AWFUL, i find them so hard, and even when i think i have done well i get my result back and its really crap D: how good are you at italian seeing as u only picked it up at as level?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Just gonna say that I'm doing AS and A2 Italian at an evening class in one year after completing GCSE in a year last year and getting an A*. I'm also doing A2 Spanish, AS French (from scratch) and AVCE IT. If you want any help or anything, just ask me. I think the papers are easy, especially the AS ones. The A2 ones are a bit harder though obviously. For my Unit 3 oral, I'm doing about Tiziano Ferro, an Italian singer. For my Unit 4 oral debate, my main topic is l'immigrazione and the two 'sub' topics r il trasporto and i mezzi di comunicazione. For my coursework, I did about food for the 450-500 words one and about the new reforms in the Italian education system for the 900-1000 words piece.

OK, c ya,

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    Geez, how can you find it easy? I find it SO hard! I just don't think I have a thing for languages...for my AS oral I'm talking about Tuscany. Or 'La Toscana', I have to know quite a lot about it! : ( I'm pretty nervous. My worst thing is listening, I mean, I just can't bring myself to pay that much attention for that long on what someone is saying, like, you have to listen to every single word, and I get bored, I start playing with my pen, or my hair or something, I just need attention training. I REALLY need help...like, so badly else I am going to fail, and I am hopefully carrying on Italian into A level because I want to drop Law! Oh darn it...yeah, I really need help, so, yep.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Dill,

I'm surprised ur college does Italian in the daytime! I would of carried on with it at my college cos as I said I did GCSE in the daytime last year but they didn't do it at A Level so found another college to do it in the evening. Are you studying any other languages apart from Italian? Did u do GCSE? Cos if u didn't I know how u feel as I'm doing French AS without having done GCSE.... For my French AS oral I'm doing La Bretagne or Brittany, so maybe I could help u with some of the questions u have 2 do, like give u some ideas?

Do u have a hotmail address?

C ya m8,

Jordan

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, yeah I did it for GCSE and got an A, but it's so much different at AS level, I mean in the GCSE exam for listening they spoke SO slowly it was crazy, but now they speak at normal pace, its not fair! You must think I'm on here all the time 'cause I am replying so quickly to your post, but I only came on about 10 mins ago, so I'm not on all the time! My hotmail addy is [email protected]
    I think I will be okay for my oral, I mean, it's gonna be tough, and nerveracking, but I think my main priorities are the reading&writing, and listening&writing! I'm not sure how you could help me with that, but hey, you could give it a go!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.