Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 11 currently doing my exams in GCSEs and an AS Level. I've been revising quite well in the past few weeks, sticking to my schedule and using all those fancy modern revision techniques school has been ramming down my neck in the past few months (mind maps anyone?).

Since yesterday/Saturday though, I've just lost it! I'm just so exhausted. I have not been sleeping to well, I usually need 10 hours if possible to feel fully energised, but I have only been squeezing in 6 or maybe 5. I have been shaking now and then, I'm that tired, meaning I have to stock up on energy foods (bread, sweets, fruit) and coffee and tea to keep me going.

My parents aren't helping this situation at all. I may sound jealous, and I am, but my friends' mums make them cups of teas and let them just get on with the revision, doing all their housework. Me however, my mum likes to order me about 24/7 then says I do nothing all day. GRR!!! She gets me up at 6 in the morning, during weekends to do some farm work, it's ridiculous (I live in the countryside) and I'm tired yet again!

Now, I have spent 2 hours this morning trying to crack on with revision, eating bananas, getting myself motivated, and I still find myself on TSR, even now, I'd rather not be on here. It just flies past me the information does and I cannot clearly concentrate on it. It feels awful.

Any help?

p.s please don't say "im doing as levels and it's so much harder", because my AS exam is the only one I feel confident about :blow:

ReputationRep:
    Take a break, you seem exhausted by the looks of things. Go back to studying when you feel ready to do it. It's all about the mindset, even if you don't feel great, even thinking that you feel well helps.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should try take regular breaks and eat cereal/energy bars. It helps me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should take a break today and maybe take a nap or try to go to bed earlier tonight if possible, you sound like you're exhausted! Start back into revision when you feel ready Try not to feel guilty about taking breaks because everyone needs to as no one is a robot, good luck in your exams! :^_^:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.