Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Teens... Do you parents care when you come home drunk late in the night? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Coming from a asian christian background, I have been taught not to drink or smoke. Being 18 year old and having friends who go out drinking and partying has made me wonder what happens when you come home drunk at 11 - 02 in the morning? Do you parents approve? Are they mad or tell you off?
    Or you just don't let them find out?

This is not to make any judgements but only for me to know the community.

ReputationRep:
    As long as I'm not ridiculously drunk my parents don't mind. Its nothing they haven't done before, and they might have a giggle the day after about my drunken drivel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiMan)
    Coming from a asian christian background, I have been taught not to drink or smoke. Being 18 year old and having friends who go out drinking and partying has made me wonder what happens when you come home drunk at 11 - 02 in the morning? Do you parents approve? Are they mad or tell you off?

As a parent who has dealt with teens who are the worse for drink

Level 1 is "did you have a nice time here is a large glass of water see you in the morning"

Level 2 is the above plus a bucket and mocking the hangover

Level 3 is "I really did not appreciate having to collect you from A&E due to you being taken there having passed out in the street"

Prior to all of this we have ensured that they see responsible consumption of alcohol and have discussed the dangers of drinking too much

As a parent you teach your kids appropriate behaviour and hope they live by it

ReputationRep:
    It doesnt bother my parents, they think its hilarious when I'm drunk. Ive come in at 4am before and theyre in bed and asleep. as long as I have a key to get in the house they dont mind when I get in..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiMan)

Hello, I am from Northern Ireland so I drink a lot my parents did not care as long as I was safe in fact they were happy to see me happy and drinking is what makes me happy. However as I am currently living in China I can completely understand your background and the different culture towards alcohol. In my opinion both cultures should meet in the middle, British should be more strict and Asian culture should be more relaxed towards alcohol and various other 'new generation' stuff, tattoos,piercings etc.

I hope this helped you

ReputationRep:
    My parents leave the back door of our house open for me, so I can sneak in when ever. I'm quite quiet when I come in so they rarely hear me come in, therefore they don't care

ReputationRep:
    My parents were never bothered as long as I told them beforehand where I was going to be. They weren't happy if I ever left without saying anything or giving on indication of where I was going to be and then came back in the early hours. They couldn't have cared less about the actually actions of the night or the amount of alcohol consumed.

ReputationRep:
    My parents weren't bothered. My dad had to pick me up off the road once and I was sick in my bed which my mum had to come and help with as I passed out in it. They found it funny, it's not like they haven't done it before. Although my parents are really young for parents so quite laid back in comparison to older parents.

However I rarely go out or drink at uni now so I think they did a good job. The worst of it was during my A levels, now not so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevenishungover)
    Hello, I am from Northern Ireland so I drink a lot
    Haha, you said it..

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough to you all!... thanks for the response.

ReputationRep:
    My parents didnt care. I once came in at three crawling up the stairs drunk when my dad came out of his room laughed at me and then went back to bed.

I was never stupid about it, didnt get taken to a and e, never needed them to pick me up from anywhere at stupid o clock, didnt bring anyone unwanted home etc, didnt puke up all over the house.

ReputationRep:
    Well this sucks for me then...

Any time I've had a beer my Mum usually knows and I tend to get harsh remarks such as "Pissed again are we?" although I actually go out maybe once or twice a week and usually not the Saturday.

Urm, coming back I usually have to limit myself as when I come back rather drunk (happened before) then they are usually woken up by me as we live in a small house that might as well have floorboards make of crisp packets. Sometimes she ignores me coming home, other times has lead to big arguements. And the next morning of a heavy night always follows some remarks, comments and general **** my own way. I actually dread coming home :\

As the person above me said: never been to A&E drunk, never needed picking up from somewhere, never brought woman back home with me, never smashed anything or whatnot.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.