Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    I liked the whole post modern thing...i.e the blending together of a non-predictable storyline with wacky language and a bit of the old "Ludwig van"....I think there is some moral to it though even if you chose to ignore hidden messages i.e is it right to mould somebody into society's beliefs or should everybody be entitled to free will
    Ah! An avid fan of Beethoven I see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Ah! An avid fan of Beethoven I see.
    I know/think I remember you being an avid fan

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this has already been said because I can't be bothered to read the whole thread but you absolutely MUST read the book. The way the characters are developed through the language is incredible, and you will realise that actually Kubrick wasn't especially inventive as he largely followed the path Burgess has already forged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    I don't know if this has already been said because I can't be bothered to read the whole thread but you absolutely MUST read the book. The way the characters are developed through the language is incredible, and you will realise that actually Kubrick wasn't especially inventive as he largely followed the path Burgess has already forged.
    I'm gonna read it some time...the language seems pretty wacky..."Bliss, bliss and heaven... it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh...Oh, it was wonder of wonders... And then, a bird of like rarest spun heavenmetal, or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    I know/think I remember you being an avid fan
    (Mr Burns with the griping hand action)xcellent.

Though for some reason I dislike Chopin. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this film once, well I watched half of it however I found it a little a bit too 'shocking'.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen it, i liked the language that they used - it was quite quirky. They actually filmed a bit of it just around the corner from me. I'd like to see the original version, a Clockwork Orange was quite tame and i couldn't really see the fuss behind it.

ReputationRep:
    i watched it while drunk at about 2 in the morning

very freaky, but personally the violence didn't shock,

hmm, i might watch it again, i'm going to read the book anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReturnofGnostic)
    Not postmodern, but a hybrid of Nietzschean power and Freudianism.
    No definitely post-modern i.e the blending together of Classical music from the romantic era with freaky electronic music; the gang wears Bowler hats yet the the whole story is set in the 60s, portrayed by the furniture, interior design and tower block architecture. Furthermore, a salient feature of post-modern books or films is a winding story line that at first makes no apparent sense and breaks away from the norms of what one may distinguish as the "sterotypical" Hollywood plot.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.