Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon since my friends are on here

Hi,
    I recently turned 18 and i've got my a2 exams coming up so i've been studying to get into my firm but my mum gets really annoyed if i spend a lot of time studying even though i still do all of my chores and help out with my younger siblings. Ever since i was 14 my mum has shouted at me alot and i am the oldest so do nearly all of the chores whilst my younger siblings tend to small chores or nothing at all. Lately my mum has been asking me to do more and more at times when i can't but i still do them because she's my mum.

Yesterday she accused me of not doing things because i'm selfish and i think i'm better than her etc..and how i should just move out but then again she always says this and she said last year that once i'm 18 i need to leave and now that i am..i'm really scared she'll just kick me out...

I don't know where i'm supposed to go if she suddenly kicks me out (which is looking very likely) since i have no money (given to my parents) and my exams are coming up....but im sooooo stressed out right now and have been crying myself to sleep at the uncertainty of the situation...i can't ask my friends to stay since most of them have siblings too and the only relative i could stay with is my aunt but she would ask for rent. Although as soon as my last exam is over i'm just going to get a full time job until uni and then part-time.

The situation is really annoying me since it always happens during exam period and stresses me out!

Thanks if you read all of that and any advice is welcomed

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that, every one goes through stresstes in life you have just got to keep on going though. What I would say is tell your mum you need to speak to her for half an hour or so then discuss what you want to do and that you need to pass these exams.

Ive found this guy on YouTube take a listen to some of his stuff to get you motivated, it will work.

http://etinspires.com/

Ive had to leave my job because the guy I was working for didn't pay for 4-5 days that i worked so I'm also finding a new job as I don't want to work for that lying idiot again im also not holding any uni offers as yet which is stressful in itself.

Stay with your family, at the end of the day no one else is going to be their for you, as I've said sit and speak with your mum and explain things build a better relationship with her and she is not going to kick you out all these years she has supported you. Her love for you will never go. She might be going through a stressful time her self, speak and get issues solved because the people that stay quiet are the people that get hurt the most at the end of the day.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.