Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So basically I'm a current Y10, and because we don't have modules anymore, my school makes you sit internal exams instead.
    I have my English Literature exam this week and our set text is OMAM, I've studied it before and done the language controlled assessment but the exam this week will be my first closed book exam and I'm really not sure on how to go about learning quotes and things?
    Do I literally need to be able to quote the whole book, or do I only need to know very specific quotations?
    Please help me!!

If I was you, I'd pick out specific key moments from the text, and then learn the important quotes from those. Learn things that you can comment on and things with lots to say about them, otherwise there's no point in learning them.

Okay, thank you so much for taking the time to reply!
    I've managed to learn some quotes for each character and for the main events!
    -A stressed out Y10

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.