The Student Room Group

Hello :) Could someone please confirm the A level resit policy

I have my A level resit for AS English literature on Friday and have not done anywhere near enough revision to get me an A (which is what I need). This is going to be my second time resitting the paper. Originally I got an B (in May 2012). I then retook the paper in January and got another B (only 1 mark higher). I decided to resit it another time since I really need an A or a B overall and I am currently only sitting on 87/120 for this paper). The problem is that with all my other exams coming up I don't think I will do any better than what I have originally done. I have been hearing that after your first 2 attempts of sitting a paper at A level, if you do worse the 3rd time then that is the grade that will count. However I thought they always take your best mark, no matter how many times you resit a paper. So if I do worse in this resit, would my B still count or would they take my new lower score (this is for OCR AS English Literature). Thank you to anyone who can answer this question as it's really getting me worried :smile:
They always take your best mark
Original post by Helloworld_95
They always take your best mark

Thank you :smile: that gives me a little bit of reassurance haha

Quick Reply

Latest