Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm retaking my first 6th form year. As you no doubt are aware, exam season is rolling around yet again. As I do not want to fail again, I'm working my butt off. However , no matter how much work or revision I do, my father just says that I haven't done enough a d I'm just kidding myself. Or if I take a break, be it 5 minutes or longer, that I cannot afford any distractions and I have to get back to work.
    Here is an example of what happened yesterday. I skipped going out with my friends to do some work. I ended up working for 6 hours straight with about 20 minutes in breaks. My father walks in on me, with a huge headache, reading a book. Thus insues a massive rant about how I'm not taking studies seriously. He then takes away- my laptop, my iPod, the controllers for my Xbox, my radio for Peter's sake! Now today, I do 3 past papers IN FRONT OF HIM and he still says I'm doing no work.

Seriously? How do I get him off my back?

ReputationRep:
    Smash the exam and get a good grade, a lot of parents say your not doing enough work.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.