Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Before you judge me, read this and please help me out.

So this is my first year in college and i am doing 3 as and 1 intensive as/a2 level.

My economics exam is tommorow and I am thinking about not going because I am completely failing the course. In my january exam i got a U and I knew a lot more than now and now I have to do 2 exams - my retake and the next unit.

I talked about cancelling my exam but my teacher says i have a good chance of passing, but he knows i don't and he's refusing to cancel it.

I know that universities require 3 full a level but will they look at my failed as?

And what would happen if i decided not to do the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skybluevelvet)

So this is my first year in college and i am doing 3 as and 1 intensive as/a2 level.

My economics exam is tommorow and I am thinking about not going because I am completely failing the course. In my january exam i got a U and I knew a lot more than now and now I have to do 2 exams - my retake and the next unit.

I talked about cancelling my exam but my teacher says i have a good chance of passing, but he knows i don't and he's refusing to cancel it.

I know that universities require 3 full a level but will they look at my failed as?

You wouldn't get a grade so you wouldn't get an Alevel in business at all so you might as well take it,if I was you I would consider retaking your Alevels as its likely you won't be able to get into the university and do the course you want if you haven't got three full Alevels !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoriapownall)
    You wouldn't get a grade so you wouldn't get an Alevel in business at all so you might as well take it,if I was you I would consider retaking your Alevels as its likely you won't be able to get into the university and do the course you want if you haven't got three full Alevels !
    I would still get 3 full a levels because this year i am doing intensive ( as + a2 ) and next year I would continue my 2 a levels which in total would give me 3 full a levels

ReputationRep:
    I would still get 3 full a levels because this year i am doing intensive ( as + a2 ) and next year I would continue my 2 a levels which in total would give me 3 full a levels
    Oh ok well just do the exam and if you fail its not the end of the world as you will still have the Alevels you need to get into uni,stop panicking I'm sure you will do better then you think !!! good luck for your exam

ReputationRep:

If you just decide not to turn up your school might charge you for the exams. If you're not going to turn up then please tell the exams officer, otherwise they will run around trying to find you at the start of the exam and the delay may unsettle other people who sitting waiting to start.

ReputationRep:
    If your teacher thinks you're going to pass, then just go for it - if you pass, then congratulations! If you don't, then it's not the end of the world, because you'll have your other A Levels. I felt the same about my A Level exams just days ago, but my teachers have all said they believe I'll pass. Just go for it Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NerdBadger)
    If your teacher thinks you're going to pass, then just go for it - if you pass, then congratulations! If you don't, then it's not the end of the world, because you'll have your other A Levels. I felt the same about my A Level exams just days ago, but my teachers have all said they believe I'll pass. Just go for it Good luck!
    Thanks, I decided to give it a shot! I only had 1 days to learn 2 units, but maybe i will pass somehow. I will let you know how it went tomorrow on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, remember Externalities they seem to be quite frequent.

ReputationRep:
    Should have put the effort in. You've only got yourself to blame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aWildPidgey)
    Should have put the effort in. You've only got yourself to blame
    I did put a lot of effort in my first exam in which i got a U and that put me off. Plus my teacher is one of the worst ones i ever had. I wanted to drop this subject anyways but he told me I can't (which is not even true).

ReputationRep:
    So, I did decide to go to the exam and it was okay, even better. However I had to sit the exam with a warm bag on my belly as it was hurting because I had only 1 day to revise so I decided to get 3 large cans of red bull and revise during the whole night. Would not reccomend. Anyways I think I will get a good grade after all or maybe not, but thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    So, I did decide to go to the exam and it was okay, even better. However I had to sit the exam with a warm bag on my belly as it was hurting because I had only 1 day to revise so I decided to get 3 large cans of red bull and revise during the whole night. Would not reccomend. Anyways I think I will get a good grade after all or maybe not, but thanks for your help.
    Glad it went okay! A bad stomach during an exam always sucks. But congrats on doing your exam

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.