Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I just turned 19, Iv'e only been drinking for about 1 and a half year and when I do its like once every 3 months, where me and a few mates get together and go out to another town and just chill.

In February me and 5 other lads decided to go to London, only 2 of us were drinking, rest of them are weed smokers.
    So me and my pal had a good few drinks, a mix of everything really, and we had heard about a really good vodka called grey goose so we thought wed try it, we finished the bottle between us within 40mins because it goes down like a treat and is very distilled so could barley feel it going down.. after that I dont remember anything, only slight moments of the night..

From what my mates have been telling me, I approached a random woman and grabbed her handbag and tried to snatch it off her but my friends just about got me away from her ... we walked past a group of guys and I randomly pinched the guy on his ass- and he went mental apparently but his mates knew I was drunk so they calmed him down. And just did loads of other stupid stuff like run around like a wild animal etc lol

I absoloutley hate my self right now, because when ya with the lads we always do stupid stuff and joke around and its just banter.. but my mates wont stop going on about how fvucked I was, because I was legless aswell which I remember and they had to carry me everywhere otherwise I would have collapsed due to my jelly legs. A couple of the lads arent even really good mates, just friends of friends so too be honest I was just a joke show for them to laugh at and take **** out of which makes me feel even worse.

I dont feel like ever drinking again, especially if its going to make me do daft and totally embarassing things like that! and after hearing about trying to snatch someones bag, I could have ended up in trouble with the police!!

am I the only person whos done something stupid like this or are there others too?
    and why does alcohol do that to people because I would'nt dream of doing them things sober

ReputationRep:
    Most people have done stupid stuff when drunk, although most not to that degree.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's done stupid stuff whilst drunk. I understand that you feel bad about what you did but it's not like you're in a different boat to everyone else. I've done some ridiculous things whilst under the influence, I just make sure I keep the level of my drinking in check with the situation I'm in (ie. I can drink a bottle of rum at a house party but not at a family dinner) and the people who are around me, and that way I avoid making a total fool of myself.

Drinking relaxes you, you do stupid things because you don't consider the consequences of those actions. It's far easier to do something silly when you're not thinking about how that silly thing is going to make you feel in the morning. Alcohol does different things to different people, you just happen to be unlucky enough to be an irritating drunk. Just avoid drinking that much in future. I think that the way you acted can be put down to inexperience and immaturity. As you drink a bit more often and gain a bit more experience, you'll learn to control yourself a bit better whilst intoxicated and hopefully not drink quite so much.

Just take the banter from your mates on the chin. Laugh along with it, don't get upset or wound up and just wait for someone else to do something even more stupid (trust me, it won't be long) and then the attention will be taken off you.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I've done stupid stuff whilst drunk but I've never attempted a mugging :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you acted like a right ****.

Learn from this, the fact they're all making you feel like a **** is a good thing, means you wont do it again. Learn your limits and for crying out loud, don't waste Grey Goose, that stuff is like gold-dust to a student like me. If you're just going to drink to get ****** up, then buy some Glen's or something!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's pretty tame. Come to ireland next time, we'll show you how it's done rofl

ReputationRep:
    This was definitely funny to read

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Grey goose is obviously created by the devil, drank about 1/3 of a litre straight at a place when I was out (after other drinks too) and cannot remember my night from then onwards, did so many stupid things too.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.