Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying for Leicester through adjustment so i decided to do a lil research and found something strange

They offer BA economics aswell as BA Banking & Finance

These 2 courses are identical, all the modules are the same except for like 3 in the whole 3 years

For BA economics..
    19% of students for 1st class
    38% got 2:1

However for BA Banking & Finance (pretty much exact the same course)
    Only 10% got 1st class
    20% got 2:1

Why do you think the results are so different when they're the same courses? Especially the fact that 35% of Banking & Finance students passed without honours

Are they taught differently or something?

ReputationRep:
    Different candidates. You'd expect economics candidates to do better than a banking & finance. Simply because Economics, well respected degree and very competitive course. Whereas Banking & Finance, sounds a new degree, not many people know about and hardly taught in any top uni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As above. If the courses are the same, then it has nothing to do with that, it is clearly down to the candidates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    I'm thinking of applying for Leicester through adjustment so i decided to do a lil research and found something strange

They offer BA economics aswell as BA Banking & Finance

These 2 courses are identical, all the modules are the same except for like 3 in the whole 3 years

For BA economics..
    19% of students for 1st class
    38% got 2:1

However for BA Banking & Finance (pretty much exact the same course)
    Only 10% got 1st class
    20% got 2:1

Why do you think the results are so different when they're the same courses? Especially the fact that 35% of Banking & Finance students passed without honours

Are they taught differently or something?
    Didn't you got offers from Coventry & Aston already ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prospective UK)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just Coventry but don't wanna go there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Prospective UK)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say Leicester is better than either of those to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Could you please tell me where I can find the same statistics for Business Management at King's College London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w0007)
    Could you please tell me where I can find the same statistics for Business Management at King's College London?
    http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjec...3645-UBSH3SSBM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.