Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My first exam is in 29 days and I'm so tired. I have 3 A2 exams: biology, chemistry and physics.

I'm so exhausted and I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm on the verge of having a break down. All I do is sit in my room in front of a textbook. I don't get anything done and I'm not progressing in my revision. It's just a waste of time.

I usually have a good amount of self-discipline and I can sit and revise. I don't procrastinate, I get things done. But I feel like my brain is just exhausted. I write notes for around 5 minutes and then I take a break but my break isn't anything 'fun' because I don't have the capacity to muster up the energy to think of something to do. I'm in this angry, zombie kind of state and I'm just so frustrated all the time.

I feel like just giving up and not even turning up to the exams. I just get so angry at the thought of them and how BORED I am.

In previous exam preparation I would be doing revision actively and I'd reach the end of the day with a sense of achievement and like I had gotten somewhere. But I don't ever reach that feeling this time round. I just don't know what to do.

Right now my head is hurting and feels really heavy just by typing this. I keep having to pause and just stare into space for a bit.

I don't know what's wrong with me? But I'm just in such a bad mood. All I can hear all day is my brother's on their xboxs shouting their mouths off on the headsets. They won't shut up and my parents talk loudly too. I can't even sleep because at night my oldest brother is shouting on the xbox and then at 6/7am my youngest brothers are up and shouting and arguing.

I don't even know why I'm posting this but I'm just at breaking point to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    It happens to me too! I know exactly how you feel. You need to take a break and do something to take your mind off exams. Trust me it works! When this happens to me I find that going out with friends is the best thing. It always puts me in a good mood and makes my revision sessions more productive.

Just a few days ago I was imagining NOT doing my exams and I was sooo upset, just from stress. I even thought I might be depressed so I stopped revising and went out. When I got home I played around on the computer (pinterest is a guilty pleasure :P ) and the next day I started reading again. It really helped just to get away and think about something else for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiacorfu)
    It happens to me too! I know exactly how you feel. You need to take a break and do something to take your mind off exams. Trust me it works! When this happens to me I find that going out with friends is the best thing. It always puts me in a good mood and makes my revision sessions more productive.

Just a few days ago I was imagining NOT doing my exams and I was sooo upset, just from stress. I even thought I might be depressed so I stopped revising and went out. When I got home I played around on the computer (pinterest is a guilty pleasure :P ) and the next day I started reading again. It really helped just to get away and think about something else for a while.
    I feel like that would be a good idea if I had actually gotten somewhere in my revision though. I have so much to cover and I've barely done anything. I've spent hours sitting writing/reading notes but my mind isn't engaged. I have a constant headache and my head feels heavy.

It's not like I've been spending hours doing productive revision and I can afford to take time off. But yeah I love pinterest too haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkliest)
    I feel like that would be a good idea if I had actually gotten somewhere in my revision though. I have so much to cover and I've barely done anything. I've spent hours sitting writing/reading notes but my mind isn't engaged. I have a constant headache and my head feels heavy.

It's not like I've been spending hours doing productive revision and I can afford to take time off. But yeah I love pinterest too haha.
    You won't be able to get your mind engaged if it's so stressed though. Productive studying is far better than repetivive studying. Just take ONE break and try to relax, you won't be able to learn as easily if you're so stressed. If you don't think you have time for that try a 10 minute meditating session, that will help calm your mind

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.