Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My last two pairs of trainers have lasted me 2 months each. I'm not buying total cheap crap though I don't have much to spend on them, RRP £40 bought for £20. They are totally done by this point- insole collapsed into the sole, back worn down, water getting in.

I walk roughly 15 miles a week in them and not much else. It seems to be they should last longer and I swear I used to go through much less and walk more.

How long do your's last and what use do they get?

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair of Acsics trainers which were £110 but reduced to £89 which I bought last year. I wore them almost everywhere, to the gym, running outside, out in the rain, driving, on holiday, etc. and they are still almost like new. I admit that they are a little bit dirty, but doesn't affect the comfort or performance at all.
    Trust me, it's much better to spend the money on a quality pair of trainers which last a long time than cheaper ones which you need to replace every 2 months
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    My last pair lasted me about a year. I did about 200 miles in them.

I've had my current pair for about 7 months and have done about 94 miles in them.

ReputationRep:
    Do I just walk a **** tonne then? that'd be 120 miles (plus nipping to the shop and pottering around my flat) in two months. That could explain it.

I need to get new ones just now, current ones are only wearable due to parcel tape, but might try a different brand (it's harder than it sounds) though def don't have £89 to go spending at once.

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair of Nike shoxs that have lasted me 9 years are are still going strong, although a few moths ago I got a paid of Nike Free Run +3 3.0 just for fashion really. Plus they are better for lifting in although I still go barefoot on squats and dead lifts. Might get a pair of nike romaleos 2 weightlifting shoes but they are pricey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    Do I just walk a **** tonne then? that'd be 120 miles (plus nipping to the shop and pottering around my flat) in two months. That could explain it.

I need to get new ones just now, current ones are only wearable due to parcel tape, but might try a different brand (it's harder than it sounds) though def don't have £89 to go spending at once.
    Try looking for discounts online. There are loads of different brands in the £20-£50 range on sportsshoes.com for example. You can still get decent trainers without having to pay a fortune. I don't know a whole lot about trainers to be honest, but 120 miles doesn't really sound like enough to complete wear a pair out, so they probably weren't ideal to start with. I think 300-500 miles is normally used as the benchmark but even that can be a bit on the cautious side- I've done about 500 miles in my current trainers and they're not showing any signs of needing replacing any time soon. It's probably worth going to a sports shop and looking for a more durable pair. You could try a few different types on, then look for the ones you liked online later.

ReputationRep:
    About a year ago I walked six miles per day and the trainers lasted one year before the soles were worn out and I couldn't walk in them without shin splints.

I've had the pair I sometimes wear for about 10 months.

ReputationRep:
    I think I should conclude then that I need to try a different brand. I wear skate trainers cause I like the look of them better and I almost always get Duffs because they are often accidentally vegan (though they recently realised this) and I'm a bit lazy about having to go through checking the material. Will get my arse in gear though, more so since sportsshoes has a synthetic upper filter

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.