Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

basicly posting this because my driving test is Friday and I'm confidentish but I haven't told many people, so I'm wanting to talk to some people and share my worries

im scared that the nerves will get the better of me and I fail.

Also I'm convinced ill fail like when I think about my test I can't see my self passing I don't know why as even my money grabbing instructor has said I don't need more lessons and I've booked a few extra between now and Friday just in case and I'm confident in lessons

has any one managed to boost there moral before their test or is it just a case put on a have face

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was bricking it for my driving test so much that I couldn't bay park in the car park before I walked into the test centre. I can't speak for everyone, but my examiner was nice and put me at ease. He still had a formal manner and everything as it's obviously an official test, but he was pleasant enough.

I actually forgot I was on my test at some points. Just get absorbed in your driving and do what you normally do. Easier said than done, I know, but just think, "Right. Let's show this guy (or girl) what I can do."

Oh, and remember to drive like you're the only sane person alive.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'm just hoping I get someone nice, my instructor says he knows all the testers quite well(small test centre) and that they will all be nice and I will get on with them, so that's good, Did you pass first time??

ReputationRep:
    Have something to eat beforehand if you can to calm your nerves, just treat it as a normal driving lesson and you will soon feel a lot better. When I did my test I was really relaxed about it because worrying before it has even begun will make you more likely to make mistakes. You'll be fine, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I have mine on Friday also. I'm also kinda in the same position as you, I know fully well I "can" pass the test, however the actual doing it is another matter.

I think its nerves that cause the most problems so just try and relax, eating also sounds good

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell your friends and if possible your family.

There's nothing embarrassing about failing your test, but if you think you would feel embarrassed, then keep it to yourself until Friday when you pass

ReputationRep:
    It won't be the end of the world if you do fail. Just try and keep calm, confidence is key!

ReputationRep:
    I have mine on Friday too, and I've failed 4 times already so I'm pretty desperate to pass now! Just stay calm (something which I never do, hence the fails) and if you're good enough you'll do fine. Fingers crossed for both of us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    I have mine on Friday too, and I've failed 4 times already so I'm pretty desperate to pass now! Just stay calm (something which I never do, hence the fails) and if you're good enough you'll do fine. Fingers crossed for both of us!
    Hi I know how your feeling I got very nervous before and during my test and I would mess up on things that I don't do in lessons so the last test number 5 might I add I went in thinking I was going fail again which seemed to calm me down and I passed with only 2 minors and I had the worst moneuver ever reverse round the corner I really hate it i can never do It properly but I did it perfect on the test. What I'm trying to say is never give up it has taken me 2 years to pass god knows how much I've spent!!
    Good luck for your test you will pass this time for sure
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Goodluck!! :2euk48l:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by amyshamblesxx)
    It won't be the end of the world if you do fail. Just try and keep calm, confidence is key!
    best advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    Good luck :hugs: let us know how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, will let you know how i get on

im actualy feeling calmer.. maybe its because i satrted taking Kalms dunno :/ but ahh 2 more sleeps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -aimz)
    Good luck! hope we do well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebotobes)
    Don't tell your friends and if possible your family.

There's nothing embarrassing about failing your test, but if you think you would feel embarrassed, then keep it to yourself until Friday when you pass
    Thanks, i have obnly told my dad because he payed for it, but hell be p*ssed if i fail just trying to egnore him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah1795)
    Hi guys

basicly posting this because my driving test is Friday and I'm confidentish but I haven't told many people, so I'm wanting to talk to some people and share my worries

im scared that the nerves will get the better of me and I fail.

Also I'm convinced ill fail like when I think about my test I can't see my self passing I don't know why as even my money grabbing instructor has said I don't need more lessons and I've booked a few extra between now and Friday just in case and I'm confident in lessons

has any one managed to boost there moral before their test or is it just a case put on a have face

thanks
    My advice, chat to the examiner. When you meet the examiner, shake their hand, and have a bit of a talk while you're walking to the car, and it'll help you to relax.

They're not there to catch you out, or trick you, and most of them are decent people, they don't put pressure on you, the only pressure is what you place on yourself, and I think that if you can get it into your head that they're not going to try and make you fail then you'll be far more relaxed.

Also, while on your test, if you make a mistake, even if you think you'll have failed because of it, don't tense up, stay relaxed and keep going. My instructor told me of at least half a dozen people he taught who during their test made a mistake which they thought was a major, and as a result they tensed up, made more mistakes, and it just got worse and worse. In each case the first mistake that they thought they had made was either a minor or no fault at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officelinebacker)
    My advice, chat to the examiner. When you meet the examiner, shake their hand, and have a bit of a talk while you're walking to the car, and it'll help you to relax.

They're not there to catch you out, or trick you, and most of them are decent people, they don't put pressure on you, the only pressure is what you place on yourself, and I think that if you can get it into your head that they're not going to try and make you fail then you'll be far more relaxed.

Also, while on your test, if you make a mistake, even if you think you'll have failed because of it, don't tense up, stay relaxed and keep going. My instructor told me of at least half a dozen people he taught who during their test made a mistake which they thought was a major, and as a result they tensed up, made more mistakes, and it just got worse and worse. In each case the first mistake that they thought they had made was either a minor or no fault at all.
    Haha, I fancied my examiner so the whole time I was concentrating on getting a date, and not driving ><

Passed with 2 minors, and one of them was for quality of chat up lines alas, I tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officelinebacker)

Im quite a chatty person so i hope the examiner is too, my mam actually said a similar thing to me, about how examiners are only human.. oh well here is to hoping

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your support!

Any last minute tips? BRICKING IT!

1 more sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah1795)
    Thanks for your support!

Any last minute tips? BRICKING IT!

1 more sleep
    Always look for pedestrian crossings with people waiting. I have my test tommorow and went over two when I shouldn't have done in my last lesson today.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 29, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.