Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: Would you delete nude photos/videos if asked? Watch

Well, would you actually delete that stuff or would you lie about it (or worse would you distribute it, and if so, what would possess you to do that)? Someone I slept with had videos of me (I didn't consent to him doing that, little ****) and when I found out he did that I told him I was not happy - so he offered to delete the material. I was surprised I didn't even have to ask him, but I'm wondering if its typical for a guy to LIE about deleting nude footage of a girl. I even asked him to send me the video afterwards as I was "curious" but he said he deleted it, I still don't know if he's lying...can anyone interpret that?
    My biggest fear is that these will end up on the net, though this guy explicitly said he'd never share stuff of a girl that trusted him (err I didn't even give him consent to record me so it wasn't like he had that material because of my trust but whatever). I've spent everyday living in fear of this, I decided to tell the the guy I was really upset so he replied it was fair enough and he just confirmed again that he deleted that stuff.
    A reason I find it hard to trust him as I know he has videos of his ex-gf, and he lied to her about deleting their videos previously, but they have a lot of history and she was awful to him so maybe that's why (whereas I'm in his good books)?

Interested to know what people would do in a similar situation and if anyone has opinions on what's going with mine and what I could do!...x

ReputationRep:
    If it was me personally I'd keep it in a hidden file that only I can get to. No way would upload to a website. Unlikely I'd show my friends, unless she's ridiculously hot then it's only right I share.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't accept recieving such images in the first place as with any lass, who possess an intelligence that exceeds that of a sherbet lemon, would ask of/or take the same thing back from me. Now, women wouldn't be so quick to do as I ask and delete them, especially if it is me who terminates the relationship. I do not agree to voluntarily giving someone leverage over me.

If he took them without consent, smash up his ride gurl!

ReputationRep:
    Every person is different, we don't your guy, so we can't answer the question. Personally I wouldn't even have nude footage without permission, but that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    if he filmed you without permission I don't see any reason to think hes being less of a **** when it comes to deleting them

ReputationRep:
    It completely depends on the guy. I would personally say it is likely that he still has the videos, but far less likely that he's distributing them. Mainly because he knows if he's keeping them for his own pleasure (which he probably wants to), nobody will know and it's not harming anyone. Secondly because it doesn't take that bad a person to keep them, but it takes a much more sketchy person to upload them, especially after you've expressed your concern. Again, it depends on his character. He is sketchy if he filmed you without permission.

There really isn't much we can do for reassurance. Be glad the relationship is over and try to make peace with it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to warn you now...guys NEVER delete that stuff. NEVER. Only scumbags distribute but most are reasonable fellas who keep it vaulted in the Fap Factory for their own eyes only. Hopefully the guy you were with is one of those.

ReputationRep:
    OP, in my honest opinion he hasn't deleted them, and even if you're in his good books now have you thought about how damaging that stuff could be if he decided to put it out should you guys argue at a later date? He'll always be able to blackmail you for as long as he keeps the videos - do you really want that? What if you get a new boyfriend and he gets jealous or something? The fact he lied to his ex-gf (and filmed you without you knowing) should be setting off alarm bells in your head. He hasn't given you any reason to trust him TBH.

If it were me, to be frank, I would find a sneaky way of getting my hands on his computer (if it's a laptop, even borrow it without him knowing) and do a comprehensive search/delete to get entirely rid of them should he still be keeping them, which he probably is. Even if it's password protected you can get a friend who is computer savvy to remove the hard drive, scan it separately, and then delete the videos from there. This sort of crap can ruin careers and future relationships. Ordinarily I would say it was partly your fault if you had sent him a dirty video or something, but the fact is you didn't agree to it which makes the blame entirely his, although if the videos do get out he could easily argue you agreed to them. But in fact it's illegal to film someone in that way without consent.

ReputationRep:
    Get the police involved, he filmed you without conset so you have the right to file charges.
    He'll either pap his pants and delete everything, or there will be a warrant for his phone/computer and the authorities will delete this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    Get the police involved, he filmed you without conset so you have the right to file charges.
    He'll either pap his pants and delete everything, or there will be a warrant for his phone/computer and the authorities will delete this.
    As far as I know, it's not illegal to take pictures and videos of people and consent doesn't come into it (unless you are distributing it).

If I am wrong, however: unless the justice system is far more perverted and broken than I think it is, I suspect you'd struggle to get him charged for that. It's not easy to prove that someone didn't consent to something.

With regard to the question of would I delete nude content:

No, I wouldn't. I have every right to keep photos of my boyfriend. It doesn't harm anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    As far as I know, it's not illegal to take pictures and videos of people and consent doesn't come into it (unless you are distributing it).

If I am wrong, however: unless the justice system is far more perverted and broken than I think it is, I suspect you'd struggle to get him charged for that. It's not easy to prove that someone didn't consent to something.

With regard to the question of would I delete nude content:

No, I wouldn't. I have every right to keep photos of my boyfriend. It doesn't harm anyone.
    Seriously? So if someone tool a pic/video of me WITHOUT consent theres nothing I can do to get rid of that material? Surely there must be something....

Probably wouldn't get charged, but some sort of system must be in place for getting the person to delete.
    - just thought, couldn't you class video/picture without consent as harassment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    It really is not that hard to hide files, if I had anything sensative like that it would be on a hidden external HDD or USB stick.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd never video/take photos of a girl without her knowledge.

However, I've never been asked to delete any I have received/taken, so I do a still have the all. If asked, I'd consider it, it depends upon the circumstance of asking. I'd certainly never distribute anything however.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.